SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

bluebirds and tres both skipped egg laying?!

ohsoblue77
12 years ago

I am bewildered by the way things are going this year. Plenty of HOSP euthanized but the weather and the birds aren't doing too well.

at two of my backyard boxes, blues are laying in one and TRES in another about 100 or so yards away. The blues had 3 eggs yesterday and the TRES had 2.

Guess what?! Checked again today. BOTH still have the SAME amount of eggs!!! If you read my previous postings, you know that egg laying quit for my blues at 2 eggs and those got buried and new eggs layed.

What is the world is going on around here?????!! Something is definitely up. I didn't see the blues or swallows. It's one thing that the blues skipped laying again...but the TRES too???

Anyone have a clue as to WHY? It was densely foggy in the morning and in the 50's. Should have been fine for laying. I'm distraught at the possibility of losing another female bluebird. They seem to be targeted in my neighborhood. But this is the 1st time in a while egg laying has been interrupted. VERY strange. Would like a little insight. Thanks everyone!

-Tim-

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions