SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

Oh great googley moogely......

dzyg
15 years ago

I am all uptight over the Dee and the wren situation here, putting up extra boxes to entice the wren away from the Dee house and modifying the wren guard so the sides are almost as long as the front which is two thirds of the way down the front and what do I see outside but a pair of Bluebirds househunting. Oh geesh, not that I don't want them (cause I certainly do) but that will just add to my anxiety over the wrens. I have no clue if the wren ever went back into the Dee box or not today, I have been watching as much as I can but they are quick. When I added to the sides of the wren guard today I did a quick look and it looked like the wren had been in there, there was a hole where the nestcup was and I didn't see any eggs but then I noticed the eggs were pushed off to the side under the moss, there are three now and they are still fine no holes or anything and while I was still near the box the chickadee came with a mouthful of down, it looked like, and went into the box so maybe she was just rearranging things in there, no clue. Well even though I am nervous I hope the Blues find one of the three empty nestboxes, they were checking one of them out pretty good which is further from wren territory being on the opposide side of the house and near the road and an empty field instead of the woodsy area. Hopefully they will choose this box if they do come and nest.

Donna

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths