Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

update: sue's xmas robin 28 players

skohler
18 years ago

Well I hope all of you have your

NAME"S & ADDRESSES

Of whom you are sending to :)) I Do appoligise

for a couple GOOF"S & hope all is right now :)))

Anyway we Have 28 players in the xmas robin

& hope all of you recieve a nice gift :))) or Gift's

Please Post Here When You Recieve Your Box

& Let Us Know Whom Sent The Box .

Also If There Was A Special Trinket For You :)))

All Boxes Must Be Sent By Or Before The 19th Of Nov.

thank you all for playing . can hardly wait to hear

What You All recieve from your santa :)))

Happy Holidays

susie/skohler

Comments (113)

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Carol I am glad you are enjoying the jelly. But do I have to give away the secret of how easy it is to make?? hehe The recipe calls for Raspberry jello, but as luck may have it, all I had was strawberry in my pantry the day I chose to make it. I think it turned out ok though. It was a great use for my unripened tomatoes!

Green Tomato Raspberry Jam

5 cups green tomatoes
    5 cups sugar
    1 (6 oz.) package red raspberry Jello

Wash and core tomatoes. Grind in blender or food processor. Drain thoroughly.

In a large saucepot combine with sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil rapidly, stirring frequently for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add Jello and stir until dissolved. Pour into glass jars and seal.

The recipe made 4 jars like the one I sent you.

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Got my "Secret Santa" gift box yesterday!!! Boy this is a secret too, cause the card inside was only signed "Secret Santa" LOL!!! Lucky for me there was a return address on the boxso I am guessing from going through the lists of people who played that my box is from: DJM906 !!!
    I hope I am right on that one! "Doris from Illinois" .. What a nice job she did too! Everything was wrapped so nice in a pretty Santa paper, and all items arrived in perfect shape :)
    I received two beautiful holiday hand towels, one with Santa on it and one with a Snowman on it, which is great because I dont have any!! I have the perfect spot in my kitchen to display them too!! Next I received the most adorable "Twisted Whiskers" Holiday magnetic notepad, with a goofy big eyed kitty popping his head out of some Christmas boxes, sitting on top of green & red checkered paper! Perfect for using for writing out my holiday shopping lists! Next, A Wonderful box of "smelly stuff" LOL!! "The Healing Garden Green Tea Therapy", which includes shower gel, body lotion and body mistmmmmmmm it smells just wonderful too!!...Then "A Well Watered Garden, by Harriet Crosby" This is just the best!! A great book with uplifting quotes, and room to write your notes & thoughts in, PLUS it came with seeds too!! Basil, Pinks and Parsley, which I will grow on my kitchen windowsill this winter!!!
    This is such a wonderful gift!!!......Doris I cant thank you enough for your time and thoughtfulness. I am really thrilled, and very surprised too!! I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
    Trish " DancingMoons"

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Update On 'Who's Your Gardening Buddy' Robin

Q

Comments (87)
    ABCGIRL It's okay. I was just worried that I hadnt heard from you. I have an update but its not much of one! According to usps.com the package has not been received. Here is what the website says: You entered 0103 8555 7494 0595 0839 The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on May 12, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. Not sure why it is taking this long to get the package to abitodd. If she doesnt get it soon I guess I will mail the original robin out to her. Not sure what else to do. Sheena
    ...See More

UPDATE: birthday club robin

Q

Comments (67)
    Here is a cut/paste and my editing of the original list from way back in February! Back in the days when Mellen, Earthly, and Jan were a year younger! Sue, as hostess with the mostess can you just edit this so we are all up to date on our participants? Many thanks- you are doing a terrific job here. Here's the original list, updated from emails I've got from wonder hostess Sue\- and ready for editing as needed: Aprill 17th \- mellen May 22 \- earthly delight June 17th \- plantlady July 9th \- your host (skohler) TA DAA!!! Aug 30th\- Gardeningwithbaby out//bears15ne aka Ronda now in, then OUT. OMG! Djm Doris\*\* is now taking August! I think. Sept 3rd\- beth\_b\_Kodiak\-asks that boxes arrive 9/12\-15th. Oct 3rd \-Rewards1 Nov Hija\_de\_Lamdre Out// What's going on here? Holiday name drawing/exchange? \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_ Dec 23Rd \- Gardeningnutinva out//Creekmom in\_\_right? Jan 16th \- Becksterca out/ Hummingbirddaisy aka Tina now in Feb 8th \-Shellyraymom Mar 19th \- poochella\- oh so patiently waiting : ) That's my editing of Sue's original signer uppers. Please update us if that's wrong. \*\*I think DJM's city needs to be changed to "Mt.P..." from "My P..." that I got in email. A thousand thanks for keeping us going Sue! Poochella
    ...See More

UPDATE: sue's birthday club robin : for aug: djm906

Q

Comments (27)
    Oh I feel so old.... But suddenly, the invorgating flow of youthful curiosity arose in my veins and burst forth til I actually clamped my jaw shut from its agape position and opened the huge box awaiting my arrival home today. Sue! I can only assume you are getting your birthday boxes out really early and what you crammed in there is just astounding! Did you buy out the whole store? There is a blooming BLOOMING bromeliad in my living room, like it just came off the shelf, yet it travelled halfway cross the country. So pretty. A gorgeous clump of Dracena in a deep reddish green. I have some plain green that I am always welcoming back each spring because I use the leaves in vases for tall greenery: red/green will be equally welcome and go great with my red dahlias. A new hosta for my new shade bed: "gold Standard" green with a strip of gold. Perfect. A host of tulips and crocus- my Spring garden will have reminders of your kindness! A bulb planter to plant them all! You think of everything. There was a dahlia with roots and a bud. A BUD travelled cross country. It is labelled "yellow Floodlight" but I wonder and will watch eagerly to see if it's 'Kelvin Floodlight' next Spring, or maybe this year, but we are so cooling off entering into Fall that I don't know if the bud can develop enough to show its stuff. I am thrilled to add to my collection, Sue! If it's Kelven Floodlight, that will be a bonus as I lost my only tuber of it this spring. In addition there is a lovely maroon and yellow hollyhock, the healthiest I've seen in ages as ours always get rust. I will try to find a spot where these won't. Love the blooms on those. There is a wonderful woven/tin basket with cute little stars cut out of the tin, a set of pot feet in blue and white which will go well with a little white, blue and yellow ceramic pot I have and a mini address book to keep me organized. Last but not least a small pot of mums, yellow and lavender, my favorites in bloom and a jar of "Almost Raspberry Jam" LOL! It looks delicious and we'll try it on almost toast very soon. Sue you are a gem among women and generous to a fault. I am awestuck by how well you packed everything into that box. I celebrate my birthday early and tip my birthday hat to you!
    ...See More

UPDATE: sue's b.c robin sept beth_b_kodiak

Q

Comments (25)
    I got two packages yesterday. One from Jan and the other, from Poochella. The Pooch really knows where to find my weak spots! My number one, all time love is Chocolate and she sent. LOTS. Peanut butter cups and M&M's and RusselStover miniatures and Baby Ruth Almond Joy. As hot as it has been and they were not even melted. It would not have mattered, I would eat it anyway but I was surprised. Stress level has been high enough the past couple weeks that Chocolate is required on a daily basis. The heat and humidity have been terribly oppressive here the past three days. I'm really not getting much of anything done. If it would just rain I'd go out and work in the rain but I can't do much like this. Anyway, back to the package. There was some cream called Gardeners Hand lotion. A nice woodsy smell that I like a lot. A beautiful carved angel holding a shovel. I have two similar ones but not this one so she will make a heavenly trio when I get settled and setup the sun room Love this Angel. I have a very special shovel from my Secret Santa at work a couple years ago that is marked "Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman With a Shovel" How true... bet an Angel with a shovel could really do some special things. There was a lovely package of floral note cards. Very nice art work on those. Some interesting garden magazines too. LOL Pooch's specialty seems to be the "Plant Coupons". What a great idea. Then I don't need to be worrying if it has rained or not after I leave here. Good thinking Annie. Annie, I thank you for sending such a great package and I'm looking foreward to your Birthday TOO. Again, I hope I didn't miss anything on the list. If so, I apologise and really appreciate you. Beth
    ...See More
  • skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

what a very nice thoughful box and all so very much loved and usuable :)) all of it :)))
    He is a peek

{{gwi:1312596}}

IN THE BOX
    Plush Pink bedroom slipper's
    2 Sharpie marker's
    xmas towel
    pay day candy bars MMMMM
    santa braclet
    Letter S Note pad
    Snowman & snow lady Salt & pepper shaker
    Heavenly Moments Body lotion, body spray, & shower Gel
    6 dafodills pink pride
    6 dafodill bulbs Largo
    4 scilla bulbs
    4 eranthus bulbs
    4 Anemones
    4 chionodoxa
    4 Specie Crocus
    NOW The Best Of All GIFTS USUABLE :)) is my very own garden braclet with colorfull garden trinkets & everytime I where this I will be reminded not only of gardening but of all the Great friends I have here in gw .

{{gwi:1312599}}
    not easy to take a picture of it on my wrist :)))

Sue aka schechoski
    thank you for your thoughtfullness & for sharing the xmas season here with us .
    the flu bug has me today but I just wanted to let you
    all know I was uplifted with my xmas box .
    thank you all
    susie

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Susie, I hope you will be feeling better very soon!

And I hope you all have a great holiday season.

~Summer

• snboyken
    18 years ago

Sue Glad you liked your box, the garden bracelet was the unique item. I had hand surgery today so i havnt been to po, cant wait to get mine after seeing what everyone else has received.

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

hi, everyone i just wanted to post that i have received my package..it had homemade grape jelly,a big bag of double tulips,3 very cute ornaments,a large stuffed snowman,a card,and a very pretty and large and heavy mosic garden watercan plaque.. you spoiled me greatly..now all i have to do is keep everyone else out of it..lol thank you so much....erica

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh!!!! I don't know what to say. I got home from work this morning and found that the amilman had delivered ANOTHER box. Holy Mackerel I'm beside myself.Santa Carol says I'm extra lucky because part of the celebration is in honor of my BD too. Well, I'll accept any excuse at all when the treasures are this precious.
    This box is a snowman theme. There are two dariling little snow man ornaments with my name on them. Just the right size for the little tabletop tree I'm planning on.
    Then, there is a charming pair of blue clad smowmen who are waiting to warm their hands at a candle's flame. Their fat little butts are dangerously close to the flame but I bet they'll enjoy roasting their bums a bit after the trip up here. Actually, we have been up to a warm 16+ degrees Farenheit the past two days. The warmer weather has even brought a few inches of much wished for snow. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
    There was a box of candles for these little guys to toast over and a box of bath goodies, beautiful, pale green and smelling of white tea and kiwi. Just yummy.
    Another bag of bulbs tops of the stash in fine style. I have decided to plant all of the bulbs in a big bowl. I read an article on doing a "Stacked", or maybe "Stuffed" planter( can't remember exactly which they called it but I like the idea) with layers of different bulbs to bloom over a long period of time. This has really become a season spanning set of gifts with the bulbs to bloom in early spring and the ceramic snowmen to adorn my coffee table through the long winter.
    Carol Thanks just isn't enough to say. I sure hope all your Santa's are wonderfully good to you.
    Big,big hugs across the miles Beth

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Suzy Q no need to redo your box it was perfectly wonderful.
    Beth glad the other box got there, I mailed them at the same time. I was getting worried that I had put the Beth ornaments in the wrong box. I was so happy to find them I am glad they got to you. You have been so good to me Beth, I was just happy I got the request for your name in in time to get it as I wanted to send to you, you are a special person, so I tried to find special gifts. I am happy you liked them hugs back carol

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

Hello Sharon from KY your package went today conf# 03050830000104037518 so it sould be there soon i can not wait to recieve my package either everyone has got some great gifts well have a good day i hope everything is fine when you get it and nothing gets broke pattyp2257

• snboyken
    18 years ago

Thanks patty I am sure it will be fine. Hope you get yours soon. I will should get by Tuesday. Thanks so much. Will post when received.

• schechoski
    18 years ago

Susie,

I hope you feel better soon.

I loved this...it was my first time doing one and it was great but I have to admit that now is the worse part. You know, after all that picking and chosing...changing your mind and wishing that after you got it home that you should of picked the other one. Is this to big? To small? Wrong color? Her style? Then all the wrapping...paper and tape everywhere! Now how in the world do you fit it all in that box???? Well, I was pulling my hair out then but that was the easy part....now is the waiting. Waiting to see if she likes it. Now I know what I put poor Dancing Moons through making her wait extra days until I could get on line.(Sorry again). Yep....waiting and hoping is the hardest part. I am so tempted to check where it is but I don't know how to.... so I am just waiting. But even during this "hard" part, Thank you for doing it. I love all the stories of what everyone got. It was fun and I learned a few tips for next time. Thanks,

Sue/schechoski

• wishdesign
    18 years ago

Hi everyone,

My box came in yesterday, and I wish I could give Rosie a great big hug! I'm having just about the worst week in my life, and this box was a really nice surprise to receive. I can't believe all the great things that were in it:

2006 monthly planner -- an absolute necessity for me
    A tube of lotion that's perfect for carrying in my purse
    Two ornaments: an embossed metal mailbox ornament and a pretty, round ceramic one that opens up into a little jewelry box
    A set of two spreading knives in the shape of a snowman and X-mas tree
    Miracle Gro plant food spikes
    Suet cake for some lucky birds
    A bag of treats for my pups (they say thank you!)
    A wreath door hanger with bells
    A box of cherry flavored tea
    Pumpkin spice candle
    Floral notepad and pen set
    Kitchen towels in Christmas colors
    Two boxes of assorted chocolates
    A beautiful hand-knitted scarf in red, green, and white (around my neck right now)
    and the "unique item" is a lovely, handmade lavender buckwheat pillow that smells heavenly!

I hope I didn't forget anything! Thank you so much again Rosie for putting this special box together for me. It really made my day.

--Jean

P.S. Shirley in Alabama: your box was shipped today (USPS confirmation # 03052710000011750396).

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Dee...your box went out today (11/18)...I have the confirmation # in my truck (it's almost midnight and cold, so I'll post it in the morning sometime LOL) Anyway, wanted to let you know it is on the way.
    schechoski (Sue) is right...waiting to see if you like it is the worst part!
    Julie

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Susie....hope you get to feeling better very soon! You have done an excellent job with this robin and are to be congratulated and sent our many thanks! For a lot of us, this was our first robin of this type and I for one am SO happy to participate and "get to know" the gals here.

I have to say this is the BEST group of gals!!! I am so enjoying reading of the creativity, special thought and warm wishes put into each box for your pal.

Julie...I know the anticipation got to me too! :) I know I will LOVE it...how could I not?!? A gift sent from the heart is the best!!! I will, of course, post when it arrives. :)

SusyQ...that jam recipe sound yummy! So glad you shared the "secret"!

On a side note...I have to bring desserts for our family Thanksgiving. Anyone have any favorite recipes or traditions they would like to share?

hugsssss to all,
    Dee

• flowersandbirds4ever
    18 years ago

Jen I am so glad it arrived well,and was everything ok.Could you use the seeds I sent I looked at your list with help with that rosie

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Clay Lady, thank you for the lovely e-mail note. It does seem that we have quite a bit in common. !!!
    Haven't received the package yet. Can you track it with the DC number?? It's been over a week since you posted and it would be awful if all your time and effort was for naught.

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Sue, just another thanksa to you for hostessing. This swap has been such fun and I'm really enjoying reading/seeing what everyone got. I burned a candle last night for the two snowboys to warm up by and it really is so cute.
    Susie, Nightnurse, That glittery tissue has been traditional in my family for wrapping ALL the stocking stuffers for as many years as I can remember. Family folklore declares that it is Santa's official paper and of course is frosty because of where it comes from.
    It is sometimes hard to find and I tend to buy it whenever and wherever I see it and keep a suply stashed away. Went through a dry spell a couple years abck where we could not find it. You can imagine the questions and scrambling for answers that caused.
    The jelly sounds great and if I stay up north I'll have pleanty of green tomatoes for next year.
    Dee Bacardi Rum cake is one of the best ever holiday cakes, unless you have a family of tea totalers. I also do pumpkin custard (Pie without crust) and a great cranberry orange relish. Everything else is just the standard Thanksgiving feast. Seems of that day there is always way too much of everything but we manage to eat a whole lot of whatever there is. MMmm, my favorite holiday.

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Daylilymom,

I have your package ready to go, but it is not letting me print the label online and our post office is closed today so I will be shipping it on monday! i am so sorry for the delay but I hope you like everything! I had such fun putting it all together for you!! I will post the confirmation on monday!

Carly

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Sue you have done another great swap, I am worried that one person has not received, I know the person you sent to will not post or say thankyou has she sent to her person or is there one of us who has not recieved ?If so I think the elves preparing to send rosie her fourth box should send to whoever has not gotten anything instead. is there someone who has not recieved? thankyou carol

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

hi this is pattyp and i have not heard or recieved a box from anyone and knowone has even posted that they have sent me one i dont know who my secret pal is hope i hear something soon thanks pattyp2257

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Nothing in my mailbox today except for bills.........

• wishdesign
    18 years ago

Hi Rosie,

I'm sorry for forgetting to list the seeds! I knew I was forgetting something. You sent a great selection, and I'm really happy with the poppies and hollyhocks and yard long beans. Did you receive my email?

Thanks again for everything, and also to Susie for putting together this great swap! Happy holidays to you all!

--Jean

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank You All for the well wishes still a little
    tippsy but not from meds or booze although they might be my next step if I can't knock this out . :)))
    so far there are 3 that don't seem to be answering my emails But I hope to hear by this week end .
    If I do not hear this weekend I will consider them no shows & will them send a box to the ones that have no recieved . please everyone will get a box I have othe elfs to help me so as of right now lets hold out till this next week if you do NOT get a box By "THURDAY "
    Please email me ok ????
    For WE have SPecial Santa Who Want to Help me make this a treat for you .
    My email had 4 that say they would love to send another box if needed .
    That really Means allot to have gardening friends like that ready to do for others . I tried to set you all up with someone not to far away just to keep the postage down some then you can send more goodies :))
    We do Have many great players and I would love to do this agin but for a
    NEW YEARS Resolution BOX

if you think you might want to play my silly game after this one let me know in a email then I will post a sign up forum if I can get at lease 12 to play .
    thank you all for being on the ball on this one .

One more thing If for any reason you cannot get your box out on MONDAY NOV 21 CONTACT ME if I do not Hear
    from you & your xmas pal dose not recieve a gift by
    Wed NOV 24th you will not be able to sign up in my robins I Don't like to Band any players So please try to let me know so we can let your pal know ok .
    I trully Don't want to sound rude or turn into vee's mad bull dog :))
    ty
    susie

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Dee,
    your confirmation # is 03041560000267313896
    Look forward to you getting it and seeing if everything arrived ok.
    Julie

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Sometimes the bulldog is the only thing that works for deadbeat players. I would like to be in new years resolution swap.
    vee( who sometimes can't keep her big mouth shut)

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Susie,
    I do not have a digital camera but I did take a picture of my pals gifts and am going to get them developed asap. I usually get a CD disc also so I will try to post pictures for your contest if I can get them in before it's too late.
    Sorry Carly, I am asking my Santa for a digital camera this year so I will be more technologically up to date. Also Carly, wanted to tell you that the pumpkin bread was GREAT. Very nice and moist!

Sue, I have enjoyed this robin. All the nice posts and pictures have been very uplifting. Thanks for hosting. You have done a very good job.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Karen

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi All
    Selah :)) Diene Wants everyone to know what a wounderfull box she recieved from you so has sent me
    the picture to post for her & I have to agree you did a great job thank you for playing & I do hope that
    you will play along agin .
    susie

{{gwi:1312602}}

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

I got home late on Friday and the most WONDERFUL box was waiting for me from rosebud 2050 (Shirley) - all was RED my favorite color and sparkly galore! Oh my golly gosh - I wish I had a camera so I could post a picture of my bounty!
    I got: beautiful Christmas towels, a beautiful pheasant picture (love birds), peppermt potpourri and peppermint simmering liquid, sparkly red glass candle holders. tin/brass plant markers (so much more fancy than using pieces of white plastic - LOL!), a jingle bell, wonderful assortment of seeds, a BEAUTIFUL red lacquer tray, candy cane christmas ornaments, cocoa and candies and all in beautiful wrapping and holiday bags - hope I didn't leave anything out - thank you so much Shirley!

Sue - my husband worked on the car yesterday and didn't get it finished before the PO closed. So.........my box for my pal will go out Monday. I've had it ready since last week but procrastination got hold of me -shame shame.

Sue G.

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Hi All, I received my box yesterday. WOW! All I can say is Sue/schechoski, you had nothing to worry about. We(my kids, cats and I) loved everything! It was very obvious that you took the time to really make our kick off to the Holiday Season something special. I took pics and will try to post them. Here is a list of things we received:
    ~Amaryllis Bulb Kit. I am forcing this now in hopes of a x-mas bloom. I have always wanted to try these. They are gorgeous.
    ~A red velvet decorative box-I collect these-how did you know, and it matches perfectly in my dinningroom
    ~Coffee set with mugs, flavored coffees, and those yummy dipped stir spoons that I can never find. Big time coffee drinker here!
    ~A Bath set-the jars match perfectly in my bathroom. I love the iris on them.
    ~a Ceramic Book that when opened has a Christmas scene with santa. This lights up and plays music.My son has carried that book everywhere. He loves it.
    ~Pez dispensers.-I collect them. Can you believe out of the 400+ that I have, I have not gotten around to getting some of the newer ones like the ones you sent. THANKS!
    ~A box of Ribbon Candy-we put this in a glass dish every year-love the stuff
    ~a christmas box and bag of christmas potpouri with pinecones.
    ~a scented candle and air freshner
    ~a santa doorknob hanger with jingle bells.
    ~UNIQUE GIFT** bath soap petals. These are so pretty! Did you make them Sue? I set them in a glass dish next to the tub. They look amazing. I told everyone to keep their mits off cause they are mine!
    For the kids:
    ~Adorable snowmen bags filled with candies. My kids loved them. You really made their day. Thank you so much for including them. We are all just getting over a cold and it really cheered them up. The chocolate Santas are the coolest thing. We are going to make them later today.
    ~kitty treats-my cats love em. My daughter loves em too. She is trying to train our cats to be on America's funniest animals. All day she was teaching them tricks with the treats. She is 6 and it just cracked me up all day.
    ~Also Sue included the best seed selection. I was so happy with the seeds you sent. You thought of all of our gardens. Sue sent seeds for my daughter's zoo garden, some great smelling things for my son's 5 senses garden and a few of my wants. I have been looking forever for the chocolate drop penstemon. Thank you Sue!
    I just really enjoyed this swap and would love to be included in the New Years one. Also my pal received hers last week (claylady) she emailed to let me know and to thank me, but she hasn't posted yet.
    Ok I am gonna try to attatch pics here. Hope they load:
    {{gwi:1312604}}
    {{gwi:1312606}}
    {{gwi:1312609}}
    Hope Everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season~Heather

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Oh I forgot to add that all my bounty was individually wrapped . There where presents inside of presents. Wow did my kids have a field day helping me to unwrap everything. It really kicked off the Christmas spirit! Thanks again Sue

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

what a great box I'm so proud of all you guys & gals
    some of these gifts have been so unique many I don't see nothing like them in our little city .
    & it is just so much fun to see what you have to share
    with others . Most of all I see the love you all have in given & it is the best feeling of all to share this web site with so many of you.
    thank you & Happy Holidays to ALL
    susie

P.S
    I posted the NEW years Robin If you want in on it :))

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Why can't the post office deliver on sundays? I'm dying here waiting for Dee to get her package.

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Julie!!! Don't you dare go without me being able to thank you, silly girl! :)

• schechoski
    18 years ago

Heather/Scouttiegirl,

It was fun shopping for you and your family and I am soooo glad that you liked everything. I "special ordered" the soap pedals from FL. (I was worried they wouldn't get here in time.) I thought they were so unique and she does such a beautiful job making them (they are handmade). I had a house fire back in Jan. and am living in a hotel so I don't have my "stuff" with me which is why there are no "homemade" items by me. I was so happy when I asked Suzie if it "had to be homemade" and she said "no" although I think all the store bought stuff "misses" something that only a "handmade" item brings (to me that is, maybe I am just old fashioned). I am sorry about that but hope the handmade soap (even if "I" didn't make it myself) and the individual choices I made to try to put "sets" together for you brings that warmth. Please know it wasn't because I didn't want to take the "time" to make something, I just don't have that choice. I wish you all a Happy Holiday Season (and Merry Christmas!)

(I also hope you all feel better.)

Sue/schechoski

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I Sure hope all the boxes are sent out today
    for those who have not or can not send
    PLEASE Email me as to when you can so we can Be
    curtious to your pal so they do not feel left out .
    these are ones who have not recieved a box as of yet .

daylilymom
    Pattyp2257
    Arailla
    grannymarsh
    Faintheart
    pedalpusher
    selah1979

If there is anyone else please let me know ok .
    I'know that a few are getting a box by wed's :))
    we hope .
    there is one or two that have recieved a box & has not yet posted & it would be nice of you to let your sender know it was recieved .
    thank you
    susie

Ps selah Please email me your email is being returned to me .
    have you change email ? If I don't hear from my players about the boxes then there will be no make up boxes .

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

Cookies! Cookies! Cookies! Wonderful cookies! This a.m. I went to the post office and much to my surprise I opened a whole box of gourmet cookies. Straight to the grocery store I head for a half gallon of milk. I am having one of the best lunchs ever. Thank you so much Santa Kathy!!!! My office gals say "Thanks" also. "Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• selah1979
    18 years ago

Hey Susie,

I sent you a private email. My email hasn't changed so I don't know why the mail would bounce.

To answer your request, I have not recieved a package. Hope my secret santa is okay and not under the weather or anything.

Sincerely,
    Selah

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Hey susie!

I just got back from the PO and Daylilymom has a big fat 12 pound birdie flying her way! I couldn't believe it weighed that much!! I hope that you like everything Sharon I sure had fun putting it all together for you!! Here is the confirmation number 0305 2710 0001 2290 5029. Thanks Susie for letting me participate in this wonderful robin! I had a great time!!

Carly

• djm906
    18 years ago

It came! A most wonderful box from Poochella! First of all, alittle wooden birdhouse that plugs into the socket of an Xmas tree light. I will be anxious to see how it will look nestled into the pine needles. There were 2 Tealberry jar light candles. Smell wonderful. A green indelible marker and a marking pencil. Wow, How badly I needed these! Also some plant tags that are equally welcome! A set of Pointsettia coasters. These will cover the wet marks I have next to the computer! There were garden notepads,"Garden Dwellers" whose wings, bodies, eyes that were crafted by flowere petals, leaves and twigs. Truly unique! A good size red tin containing a scented candle, with white wax with raised green holly and red berries. Lovely! a large tube of Healing Gardens intensive hand cream, oh, do I need that! a tin of Jackson and Perkins scented rose hand balm. plus a bag of Noonsack Trail mix by Northwest delights. Yummy, I'm itching to open it now, but gotta wait! And one of the best things were dahlia bulbs, already wrapped and waiting to slumber through the winter! Hmmm, my wrapped ones look messy compared to these! May have to redo mine!
    Plus a very pretty Christmas card that will be the first one to hang up in the living room this year! thanks so very very much, Anne, This really made my day, Doris

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!

My box was waiting for me when I got home from work this afternoon....so NO more worrying, Julie! I am still not sure I can type this (had to wait a bit for the tears to stop) because Julie has truly touched my heart with her thoughtfulness!!!

In my box are some of the most wonderful gifts...two rawhide bones for my VERY spoiled dog, Mickey, garden windchimes which are just perfect for my new flower gardens, two!! banana nut bread candles (soooooo yummy to smell!), and seeds: candytuft dwarf fairy mix, marigold durango yellow and shasta daisy (great companions for the daylily bed and perennial beds).

I am not done...noooooo ma'am....I collect angels and little teddy bears and Julie sent the most beautiful angel holding a teddy bear!!, so cute holiday bear salt & pepper shakers, and two holiday bear magnets! There is also a teddy bear calendar :), and two of the prettiest holiday "peace and joy" decorations! She even included a special angel for my daughter to keep at college with her to know that one of mom's angels is looking out for her!!! Well...that started the tears and here they go again....*sigh*

BUT the most unique of the gifts should first have a little explanation...my son just recently moved to Moscow, Russia. It was one of the most difficult days I can remember...seeing him fly off to parts unknown to begin his career after spending a few days helping him pack up his belongings to be stored at home until his return. I was worse that his girlfriend with my non-stop tears as he went through the gate to international flights. He is teaching English there. I had put a brief little blurb about it in my info to my secret pal. ((((((Julie))))) bless her heart. The most unique and special gift is a book..."The Three Bears" in Russian!!! with a note...which is ohhhhhh so true. Julie, I hope you don't mind...she wrote: "No matter how old your child gets, he is still your "baby" and while this isn't a fancy knick knack, maybe whenever you pick it up you will feel closer to him while he is gone."

Julie...I can't thank you enough!!! All of these gifts are very special to me and the wonderful person who sent them is truly....an angel! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Now if I can stop the flood for a bit, I will get the pics posted...
    {{gwi:1312611}} notice one of the rawhide bones is missing...hereeeee it comes
    {{gwi:1312612}}Mickey sends his slobbery thanks too!
    {{gwi:1312613}}"The Three Bears"...from Russia :)
    and from Moscow...in front of St. Basil's Cathedral just yesterday....my son! :){{gwi:1312614}}

THANK YOU, JULIE!!! hugssssssssssssssss

Dee

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Dee, I'm glad you liked everything, sorry about the tears, tho. I've never been crafty and when I do attempt, it's a disaster, so I tried to pick things out that might be special to YOU. Your son is very handsome, by the way, and looks so happy to be there. What an adventure for a young man and worry for a mom.
    Julie

P.S. Tell Mickey he's welcome. It was great to see him enjoying the bone.

• snboyken
    18 years ago

Received my package today, don't have a digital camera, will try to borrow one from work tomorrow. Received so much, I will have to lay it all out and make a list to post. Thanks so much patty you out did yourself.

My unique gift was a collectible minnie mouse doll. So nice and thoughtful since I am a mickey and minnie fan. Thanks again patty, I will try to post photos later.

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

First, sorry to my pals,I got their names mixed up. I meant to tell Summer that her pumpkin bread was delicious and that I will try to post a picture of her gifts as soon as I get them back from the developer. That's what happens when I try to hurry.

Secondly, Granny Marsh, know that no good deed goes unpunished. The good karma you created from the last robin we were in is about to find you. There should be something besides bills in your mail box soon. I went off and left the delivery confirmation in the car but I will post it tomorrow.

• Sariqa
    18 years ago

Hi! my box came:) thank you! I love your presents! cardholder is nice have many cards to put in
    puschkinnia lubanotica is a beautiful flower where did you find this? tulips! had them before back home:) bachelors button and calendula! teddy bear tin and garden notebook! wow! they are special
    did not open all
    will when it is christmas eve and day
    secret friend your box is coming
    Carol thank you for your letter
    Sheran sorry:(

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Just wanted to post a pic of my "special" item. It's from son's phone camera so it's not the best quality photo, but wanted to share my clay pot lamp with roses (my fav) with all of you as it's wonderful hand crafted item from my Santa Deb (DebbyA)
    {{gwi:1312615}}
    Thanks again Deb!

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Hi Dee. I enjoyed your message about your package soooo much. Just LOVE Mickey. Is he a Newfie?
    It is very hard having your Child so far away but he will come home with many wonderful memories to enjoy and share. I well remember the first year after mt Daughter moved to Alaska. I thought having her go off to college was hard but that was small potatoes compared to moving to "the other end of the world."
    Do you have the book "Love You Forever" It's a picture book about a Mom and a little boy. At work last week, we were teasing each other about the many tears are shed over this book. It is my favorite baby gift for new Mom's of little boys. I was very surprised at how many of my coworkers knew and loved this book.
    Thinking of you. BB

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

SUE I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND SHARON I AM GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR BOX IT WAS FUN FOUNDING STUFF I HAD GREAT FUN PLAYING I AM WAITING FOR MY BOX THANKS SUE FOR HOSTING A GREAT ROBIN IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD TIME HAPPY HOLIDAYS PATTY

• rosebud_2050
    18 years ago

my package from Jean *wishdesigh* game yesterday!and I waited till today to open it because its also my birthday!I recieved some wonderful things from jean.everything was wraped so pretty .heres what she sent .
    aromatherapy body kit for those achs and pains
    natural doggie biscuts for my dog
    doggie shaped guest soaps
    beautiful ribbioned lavender wands hand made from flowers from her moms garden.I LOVE THEM!
    yummy cookies
    glass topped tins for storing my seeds
    seed baggies with labels for my seeds of course
    daffidol bulbs and lots of seeds
    antique rose book
    and last and my most favorite item a pair of fiskars pruners .I will think of jean when I prune my antique roses.
    this was a great swap and I want to thank sue for hosting it...Have A Great Thanksgiving everyone...Shirley

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Hi Beth and everyone,

Beth...thank you for your wishes. I too thought having my first-born go off to college 4+ hrs away was difficult but you are right...small potatoes compared to the long distance he has chosen to follow his career path. It is most important that he is happy wherever he may be. I have never seen the book but I am sure to be looking for it now. It sounds wonderful! Mickey is a most unusual blend. His mother was Chinese Sharpei and father Golden Retriever. Hard to believe, huh? He does have the wrinkly trait underneath all that fur and was the only black puppy in the litter so my daughter chose him!

Julie...my daughter arrived home for Thanksgiving break tonight and she wants me to pass along her thank-you for thinking of her as well! She loves the angel and will be taking it with her when she goes back. :)

To everyone...have a most wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Blessings,
    Dee

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Guess I better start a new post for this one is about full :)) sorry this is a busy week for me ,
    My Cold has left me for now anyway :)) & I
    Always feel better when I can come read what all my
    gardening friends Have recieved . :)) makes me happy.
    we have just a few more boxes to arrive and lets hope they get to you this week . please let me know ok.
    susie