SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garusll

Birders on Twitter

gailr
15 years ago

Are you on Twitter?

Not a Forum, but another online social network, but one with a twist.. your posts are limited to just 140 characters per tweet (post)

You can add photos to your posts by using TwitPic

It is a great way to find other birders from around the world who are online using Twitter. Or any other hobby or interests you may have.

Sounds simplified to say you just post: "what you are doing right now", so if you have an interest, go to twitter.com and look around for yourself.

Do a Keyword search at Twitter for the term "birder" or birdwatcher or bird and check out the results. The folks who turn up that sound like a good match for your needs, you can read their Profiles and their Twitter posts and then choose to "follow" (or not).. and then those people can also choose to follow your posts (or not) too

Once you get into Twitter, there are several Twitter Apps, widgets and gadgets and sites you can find to use to improve your experience. Just finding new Twitter Apps and playing with them is fun!

You can join Twitter at the Twitter website at twitter.com but I prefer using a site at iTweet.net that is very easy to use and has lots of extra features.

You never know who you will find on Twitter, including more & more celebrities, politicians, journalists. etc.

Another good Twitter site is TweetDeck.com that lets you group your Twitter follows into various interest groups, making it easier to keep up.

I keep one of my TweetDeck Groups as a Keyword search for "birder", check it every day, and have found dozens of fellow birders/birdwatchers to follow by doing that.

Just another online way of finding folks with the same interests to interact with.

Gail R (WNY)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction