SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

TRES building, Bluebirds showing little interest

ohsoblue77
13 years ago

Here in Ohio things are much different than last year! I had a neat, completed BB nest with 5 eggs. The 1st 7 days of April the temp was 80+...I trapped AT LEAST 20 HOSP inbox from my 2 sites or "Trails"

This year, we've had a depressing, gray spring. I've trapped HOSP in both my boxes and my neighbor's PUMA house. I have 2 TRES nests at each site. My backyard site has 2 box pairs. The other has 2 un-paired boxes. We've had ONE 80 degree day. Flood watches are out all over the state.

At the 2nd site, I've seen the TRES even in 40 degree temps with rain. Infact my TRES are out at the moment while it's 44 and raining. I saw one pair of BB here a week ago, haven't seen them back, all the while there is still a box standing un-claimed.

So the TRES, who normally flee when it gets cold and rainy, are staying and building nests. The Blues check out the boxes daily but often fly off after little time.

Not much to be excited about here! The weather has been horrendous for the most part, the Blues have yet to build anything, and it's almost Easter! I don't know about the rest, but for me even though I like the TRES, it simply isn't the same without much blues! I've seen enough of TRES, who keeps infesting their trails with em? I have yet to hear any explanation as to why everywhere I go, the bluebirds are severely outnumbered. Don't get me wrong, I like these guys, but COME ON. While we allow the TRES the blues are still #1!

-Tim-

Comments (2)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional