SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol50_2009

Bluebird pecking on windows

carol50_2009
15 years ago

We have a birdhouse on our front porch that has been used for several years by the same pair of bluebirds (I think it's the same pair). The babies just hatched and ever since, the male has been pecking at our windows. I thought initially that he selected the first set because for once they were clean! and they are closest to the nest. However, when I pulled all the blinds he moved on to the next window which has not been cleaned recently, so that theory has been shot down. I covered that window and he moved on to the next. After we went through this with all the windows in the front of the house, he immediately went to the back of the house and started! Does anyone have any idea why he is doing this? Could this be a new pair of birds? If it is the same pair as in years past, he has never acted like this. Does anyone have any suggestions how to make him stop? He's not running into the windows but he's pecking on them. I'm really afraid he is going to drive himself crazy doing this.

Thanks in advance for all your advice. This is my first time on this forum. I searched the web to find experts in bird behavior and this seems to be a great source of information!

Comments (3)