SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairychick

Sorrow

fairychick
15 years ago

This is tara finally reporting in. I'm the one whose bb parents laid 4 eggs and then I had to report as one by one 3 of those eggs didn't hatch. But one lone chick survived and was getting the undivided attention of the parents.

By my calculations it should have fledged on Friday. Following the cold spell that killed the 3 eggs, the heat was almost welcome. Every day I could hear the little one calling and I knew it wouldn't be long.

This weekend there was silence but the parents stayed around the nest. Today I noticed a male sitting on top of the box, and the female up in a tree. Then I saw another male.

I decided to risk it and take a look.

One tiny little bluebird totally still in the nest. Not breathing. I shook the nest just a little, but nothing. So I walked back inside. The parents keep coming back and looking in the box. I'll check again later this afternoon and if I'm correct, then I guess I should bury the baby nest and all. Is that correct?

I think this was due to immature parents, but guess I can't know. I'll cry today and then try again.

tara/fairychick.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES