SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmann05

Hello and a question

tmann05
11 years ago

Hi all my name is Tyler and I am in west central ohio. I have been blue birding since I was 13. Now at 26, I have moved out from my parents house in the country to the city with a decent long narrow partially wooded back yard. I have many new birds here including chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, woodpeckers, etc, but I am missing my country birds like Tree Swallows and Eastern Bluebirds. I have 3 gilbertson boxes and 3 home made pvc pipe boxes. I plan to put 2 pvc boxes in my neighbors yard. It has been a cold spring so far and the most activity i have seen is a chickadee going in a box and back out. I trapped a few sparrows over the winter. My neighbor has martin houses and I just convinced her to plug the holes to keep the sparrows out. Hopefully they leave the area soon, but she does feed them in her yard too so I need to have her switch food to nut and berry or stop all together. I just put blue wash rags on 3 of my boxes yesterday and moved them out in the open a bit more away from trees hoping to attract a pair of EABL. I forgot about that method. I had EABL every year at my parents house, so really hoping to get some at mine as well. What are my odds of getting blues this year?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!