SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just1tomatoplantplz

Early blight or Septoria?

Hello again, all!

Back again...with a NEW tomato problem!

After my most recent post about my celebrity plant (with the curling leaves) I decided to move it away from my other plants and prune the bottom leaves (which are growing in again btw).

At this moment in time, the plant seems to be doing ok (curly leaves and all).

Now, on to another plant...

My yellow cherry tomato (indeterminate) was doing A-ok up until a few days back, when I noticed one of the lower leaves looking a little spotty around the margins.

I asked my neighbor about it (more seasoned gardener) and she thought the plant looked fine, maybe it was a pest, and to spray it.

So, I did. It seemed fine after that.

Now, within the last 2 days I have noticed that the leaves are all starting to look speckled and burnt around the edges.

So, I am left wondering (worrying) if my plant has Early blight or Septoria leaf spot. To me, (in my completely untrained eye, lol) it looks like Septoria, but it's hard to tell.

The way the spotting/speckling began was at the bottom of the plant.

I have a few pictures of the plant to share...the last one is kind of blurry because it is raining outside and it is nighttime here.

I have several other tomato plants in their own containers nearby and wondering if I should remove this plant too.

If anyone has any advice i'd appreciate it.

Why do my tomato plants hate me!?!? LOL

I'm sorry for flooding your board with these posts!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations