SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenzo77

Rio Grande Tomato

brenzo77
12 years ago

Okay got a quick question but can't seem to find the answer anywhere online. I planted some Rio Grande tomatoe the year in my salsa garden and got my first tomato off of it today. Just gotta say YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Maybe it's becuase it's becuase I've been limited to the flavorless stuff from the grocery store all winter but man do these tomatoes taste good. They have much more flavor that the Roams I planted last year. So enough about that the question I have is. Can I save the seed from a Rio Grande for next season? I have read that if you save the seed from a hybrid it will not have the carateristics of the hybrid. Heck I don't even know if Rio Grandes are a hybrid and I can't find any info on the web if they are or not. Also is it worth it to save the seeds. I have read that If you save seed from year to year they will be stronger and more resieliant becuase they slowly aclimate to the specific climate of my area. Is this true? Totally in love with this variety and would like to plant it for many years to come.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Comments (14)