SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

%#&*#$ hosp

dzyg
15 years ago

Gosh they start early don't they?? We have been HOSP free since last Fall. Now yesterday during the Great Backyard Birdcount who do I see/hear but a nasty HOSP checking out a nestbox in the yard, he even had a female with him. We don't see Bluebirds here until late March at the earliest and TRES dont usually show up until late April/early May so these HOSP would have a huge jump on nesting sites if they are checking them out already. When I saw the pair yesterday I immediately went out and put my inbox trap in the box he was checking, put a piece of grass hanging out and went into the house. A pair of Chickadees flew quickly to the box but the HOSP chased them away, not sure if they have been checking out the boxes too, I would assume so but haven't seen them around the boxes yet. Within the hour the male HOSP met Mr Van Ert and I removed the trap. Didn't see anymore HOSP yesterday then. This morning I am returning home after taking my daughter to school and what do I see but another male HOSP checking out another box! Within about another hour I introduced him to Mr Remington. Gosh I sure hope this isn't a preview of what is to come for this Spring but at least these two won't be harming any other birds.

Donna

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz