SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mich_in_zonal_denial

Is it Dead ?

About 2.5 years ago Better Home and Gardens had a project of mine professionally photographed. They also had a garden writer interview me and asked me to provide them with extensive sets of plans, additonal detailing of the project and so on.

A fair amount of my time was spent with them in setting up their photo shoot, gaining permission from the property owner, sending in additional information and doing 3 follow up interviews.

I was told to expect the article to be released first in an April issue ( which did not happen ) and then again a year later they called to confirm some information and I was told to expect last Augusts issue ( which did not happen ) .

When I called one of the interviewing writers she said BH+G had been going through a lot of internal restructuring.

It's been so long now that I doubt the article is still alive.

In the mean time I was able to have the same garden photographed this last past summer (it is now 2 years older and looking quite lush and full ) and I have been working on my own article about this garden.

Do you think a line of ethics would be crossed if I was to submit my article and photographs to several other publications for consideration even though BH+G has already paid at least 2 writers to come up with an article and has paid for a professional photographer to shoot the project ?

Last I heard from one of the readers is that the article is not dead, just on hold until management is settled in .

any thoughts ?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting