SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitestan

willis orchards nailed, dead trees for sale!

whitestan
13 years ago

In late July, while driving home from my summer vacation in Florida I decided to go out of my way to drive to Berlin Ga and visit Willis Orchards- hardly an orchard! Their tree website was very attractive and had several fruit trees that were offered for sale for my zone in Mass. The nursery was located back in the boondocks and really hard for me to find, I was surprised that it was so small, considering their dominating presence on the internet. Most of the stock looked like left-over fruit trees that they didn't sell this year and lined out in withered rows of trees that were secured inside chain linked fences. The most surprising thing was seeing so many dead trees that were standing there, many trees with both green leaves and brown leaves. If I owned that nursery I would clean up the thousands of weeds growing six feet high around all the trees. It seems to me that leaving all those dead and infected trees with the other semi healthy ones, would make them sick too! I'm glad I did not order any plants for fall shipping because if the same plants I saw are the ones Willis is selling I don't want them anymore. I did buy a few banana plants that looked like yellowing banana nubs, but I have since planted them and even though they have not grown yet, they promise me they will. The banana trees were cheap enough, though. I will report later as to how the bananas do. I know I wont be wasting my time or money driving to Berlin again.

Comment

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals