SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

UPDATE: sue's xmas robin 28 players

skohler
18 years ago

Ok Lets Start agin post those picture if you can :))

I'm feeling so much better thank you all for your

best wishes . love you all.

we have just a few boxes that have not arrived yet and hope to by friday , if not please let me know by saturday

we have santa helpers you want to send you something.

We Also have a few who have recieved boxes but not

posted yet will you please let your friend Know

you have recieved their gifts .

araillia : can you please email me

Daylilymom :

grannymarsh :

sguanzon :

selah1979 :

these are ones I do not know if you have recieved .

I know some have sent but not recieved.

please let me know .

susie

Comments (42)

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Susie,

In checking the del conf number on daylilymom's package the po says that it left her local post office today so she should be recieving it today I hope!! I can't wait to see if she likes it! Thanks again susie for letting me play, I had such fun!!

Carly

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

My package from the Real Secret Santa came today and the box had alot more items in it than just cookies. All fun stuff. My Santa Sue was very good about getting things I like which I thought was just pretty special. Thank You so much. Seeds for all the old fashion plants I love, Tulip Soap, Bath Salts(can't wait to get home and use them). Vinegar Cruets, plant fert. spikes, Bulbs to plant this weekend and more. Thank you so much for your thoughtfullness, it is greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: sue's birthday club robin feb ? sunny surprise

Q

Comments (35)
    Earthly, I did get your box. I took it home & I let Shelby pull out all the prizes. Darn it I left the list home again. Let me see if I can remember. There were 2 wonderful dog toys. Funny thing is each of the dogs kinda picked the ones they wanted. One was a fluffy blue bone shape with a squeky toy inside. Tahoe (golden retriever) picked that one. Then there was one that is made of string/rope & Trouble (retriever/airdale mix)picked that one. Chocolate covered cherries. (Dark choc, and I love dark choc.) Some wonderful chocolates with whole hazelnuts inside. I am not making these sound as good as they are. A note pad. Lots of seeds. Carrots, tomatoes, green bean, I am forgetting about 5 others. The CUTEST kitchen towel with a bear on it. The top part is made so that you just button it on the stove handle. I have used it already. 4 of the neates mini cookbooks. That are actually magnets & can go on the fridge. Peppers, garlic, chicken & tomatoes. I will try them all. A paint sponge kit, flower post shaped. Colored candles. A birthday cake shaped candle. A ton of plant food spikes. I have to tell you, you made my Shelby sooo happy. She was half way thru the box & said, how come I never get prizes in the mail. Her eyes got big & round & she pulled out a really cool Dora mouse pad. But the mouse pad is made up of 50 sheets of Dora paper. She was just grinning. I said, there you go.... Then she pulled out the Dora stickers, looked at me, (waiting for me to say, yep those are yours too!) It was soooo cute. Earthly, I am sure I forgot some stuff, I will check the list tonight & check back. Thank you so much for making mine, the dogs & Shelby's days. You are wonderful!!! Tina & Beth I am sooo glad you liked your boxes. Tina, please do not feel like you need to send me a box. I know mine was wayyyyy late & I do not expect a thing. I have been sooo blessed already. Thanks gals!! This has been sooo fun.. I got one more box to ship out, hopefully this weekend.
    ...See More

UPDATE: spring to fall robin

Q

Comments (32)
    Hi Guys & gals :)) well the box is home sfae sound & loaded with so many goodies, than you all for being so great :))) anyway there are just way to many to name but I want to thnk earthly for the great bulbs & also lisa for the bulbs you sent & the special birthday card you sent loaded with all the special seeds , not any of them did I have :)) they will all be planted by the weekend if doc gives me the go ahead on wed when I see him :)) agin thank you all I'm going to go look through the rest of the box to see what is there :))) another fine robin has come to the end looking forward to more :)) sue
    ...See More

UPDATE: sue's birthday club robin

Q

Comments (45)
    hi gals had to let you all know i recieved a very nice box from shelbyraymom today by ups :))) inside I found a very nice tropical canna plant, A mini rose :)) to add to my collection , an unknown grass but I will find out from my gardening buddie yung mi , also was purple fountain grass , a wondering jew plant, anyone tell me do I bring that one in also for the winter in z 5 ?? best of all some bamboo I can't think of the name right now but I know you all know the type I mean love have wanted to get it just put it off thanks a bunch :)) tammy Tammy also sent a welcome windchime have it hanging on my back porch a hand towel with sunflowers on it so cute , a nice pack of jobes fertilizer spikes for my plants , and then she topped off the box with 10dutch Irise bulbs, 6 anemons , & 6 freesias , tammy you did a wounderfull job sending the plants all arrived is very good shape it is cool today so going out to get them planted before the rain :))) what a great bunch of galls thank you all . sue
    ...See More

UPDATE: Vines Robin Update 11-26-04

Q

Comments (77)
    Hi I mailed it today. Sorry it took me so long but now I have a very sick puppy on my hands. Delivery confirmation # 03040370000044096051. Not sure if they have updated there site yet or not. May be Monday before you find anything online about it. Thans for hosting the robin. I hope you like morning glories because there are alot of them in there!! Sheena
    ...See More
  • pattyp2257
    18 years ago

Boy i sure know what it is to wait i still have not heard anything from my secret pal i sure wish i knew if they were even playing every day gets longer none today either please let me know something patty

• daylilymom
    18 years ago

Wow today was a great day Santa Claus Carly really out did herself on this one, I love everything she sent me,my daughter loved the mini scrapbook and all the candy,so did my grandsons.It going to take a while to list.And the cutest unigue gift was a belly Button duster,It said If your Belly Button has lost its luster,then please try this new Belly Button Duster! that was so cute,i show a pic but i dont know how too.Her is the list of everythinbg that Carly sent to me,Carly thank you for the wonderful box that you took the time to put together.

Daylily seed about 20 diff kind.Love these Cant wait to see them one day.
    Snowman boxes full of candy,yummy!!
    to red candles and holders.
    one pretty stocking candle
    a anne geddies cute pic.
    Hot Chocolate
    Krispy Treats
    Hershey CAndies
    popcorn
    allium bulbs
    Bird seed Bell to hang up outside. neat too.
    doggie bones for mickey she love them too.
    Granola bars cups full of cookies candy pencils , hershey kisses
    2 buckets full of candy
    a sant snowman book
    2 great knitted hand towels made by her.
    4 wonderful christmas song cds i listen to one today and love it.
    my daughter a ceramic painting set she love that too.had 8 diff snowman and penguins.
    Some chocolate chip cookies MY husband ate those.
    ceramic church very pretty.
    if i forgot anyhting all post it,but this lady went way out thank you very much you made my day to know that there are great gw friends on here.I wish you a happy Thanksgiving Carly And God Bless Your Family. Daylilymom.

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Granny Marsh has a package headed her way.
    Conf number 03041070000254872391. She should
    be getting it pretty quickly after the holiday.

• clay_lady
    18 years ago

I was away and didn't realize that my package was late arriving. I checked on the statice of GrannyMarsh's package and they said it was delivered on Nov. 21st. When I sent it out they had assured me that it would arrive arrive before the 19th. I was upset to know that it hadn't arrived earlier-- but was glad to know that it had arrived. I hope it all arrived safely. clay_lady

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well I hope all of you Had a great thanksgiven :)) Mine was supper for I got my new cupboards in a week early & Just in time for our family dinner today everyone was in all :)) of the change .
    I'm not finishes for I still have to get all my trim around the doors, windows & my cieling yet but that will be next week :))) but here is a sneak peek :)) .
    {{gwi:1308070}}

NOW That thanks giving is over I hope that the ones who need to send out to your xmas friend please let me know that you are still playing , for your friends have sent out their boxes and ready to recieve :)))
    so far I have 2 that have not recieved boxes .
    and a few who have recieved their boxes & not posted .

Lets be kind & post .
    susie

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

DH & I have been away visiting my parents, both are almost 90 and still living in their own home. It is almost a 9 hour drive down and then another 9 back. Along the way we visited 3 daughters, a brother and his family. And met our brand-new grandson. We are lucky, blessed & thankful people. And a bit weary in the bumm. LOL
    Anyway, while we were gone, our neighbors were picking up our mail and newpaper. When I checked with them this morning,-- no package.
    No package on the front porch.
    No package on the back porch.
    And of course the mail lady couldn't get into the locked garage.
    Hmmm, a mystery.......Just where was that package from clay_lady.???
    While we were gone, we had terrible weather up here. Snow and (record) sub-zero temps. DH waited until this morning to start up the snowblower as we arrived home rather late in the day. Viola !!!!! Buried in the snow was THE PACKAGE !!! YIPPEE
    He brought it inside to thaw and dry a bit. Then at long last, I opened it ! !

Such wonderful and creative gifts. So many gifts, thank you, thank you for all the time you put into this lovely package.

{{gwi:1308071}}

This golden angel is a delight, She is a tiny treasure, about 1- 1/2 inches tall. Her head/face is a golden rosebud. I know she is handcrafted and very nicely done too.
    Other gifts in the box: a bottle of apple scented hand soap, a big bag of potpourri "Calming Rain", Hot Pepper Jelly (homemade of course), which I love on crackers with philly cream cheese, Honey from her own bees, dried apple slices- still bright and pretty from her own trees. A talented and busy woman, eh?.
    More, more, more.... A ceramic tile on a rusty metal easel, very nice verse and way cool easel; a box of green tea bags-love green tea; hand made soap with a freesia aroma- I adore hand made soap and we actually use it all the time; a garden stake with an amber bumblebee on it; flower sprinkles in a small tin that has a magnet on the back. Now I will confess, I really don't know what this is. It is interesting, but what is it for??

Wait, there is still More, more, more--

{{gwi:1308072}}

A trio of hand stamped and hand colored note cards. Check out the adorable bug on the envelope flap. This is my favorite of the three, They are ALL delightful. More, more, more...
    A floral embroidered hand towel, a cookbook, a package of tulip bulbs, a package of gladioli corms, 12 (Twelve) packages of seeds- I have been looking for sweet annie; a package of rosehips (for tea?); a festive clay Christmas lady and......

{{gwi:1308073}}

Is this not the NEATEST thing!!!! Hand formed clay and decorated. Such a lovely treasure. This photo doesn't do it justice. It isn't white at all, but a creamy clay color. And the stamped design goes all the way around. Very, very nice and I thank you.
    Our weather is supposed to warm up a bit so I'm hoping to get the tulip bulbs in the ground by Monday.
    This super duper package has really put me in the festive Holiday mood.
    Thank you again for such a lovely package.

Marsha
    p.s. would you share the hot pepper jelly recipe?

• clay_lady
    18 years ago

I am so glad that you found your package.I fussed and fretted feeling so bad that you hadn't recieved your box. I was so excited when I received my package from Scoutie Girl that I had to E-Mail her right away to let her know how excited I was with my box. She made me a gardening box that was so wonderful-- it was even filled with gloves and seeds along with so many other things. It was the greatest box. Anyway I didn't want you to miss out on a box to open up. Thanks so much for letting me know that it arrived--now I can get rid of this frustration- knowing that you aren't boxless, and I won't have to go beat up a postal person(ha ha). I would love to share my hot pepper recipe with you. It was very easy. I just ground the peppers and then added the 5 cups of sugar folowing the surejell recipe for berries. I went through so many cook books and Allrecipes on the web and finally decided to use the surejell box recipe.

Thanks so much for being so understanding. clay_lady

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

clay_lady-
    I munched on the jelly with cream cheese on Triscuits last night. OOOOh, what a lovely bite that pepper jelly has. DH isn't a big fan of HOT stuff, so I don't have to share. LOL (but he will try it)
    What kind of peppers did you use ? Jalpeno? Habanero ?

• clay_lady
    18 years ago

Hi
    I just mixed green peppers with our jalpenos and everyone has loved it. DH took it to work and they gobbled it up so, I had to make more batches of it. I colored one batch green and one red just to see which one we liked best. We had some currants and tons of blueberries so I made blueberry currant jam--- that has a sweet-sour taste to it and some elderberry jam also. I'm going to do some jelly baskets for Christmas gifts.

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

well another week Has passed & I still have not heard from a fee player that were to send out boxes & have not
    & I cannot get a reply from them .
    so far I have
    pattyp2257 & selah that have not recieved their boxes as of yet is this right ??? or is there anyone else
    that has not recieved a box ?? please let me know .
    & you will recieve a box .
    susie

• selah1979
    18 years ago

Hey Susie,

You are correct.

Selah

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Going over my list agin I see that I have a couple that have not posted or maybe I over looked please let me know ok .
    sguanzon have you recieved ?
    Faintheart have you recieved ?
    Araillia Have you recieved or sent ?

I hope to hear soon for I would like to close this robin with all boxes recieved :))
    thank you
    susie

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Morning Susie,

Yes, I received a wonderfulllllll box from Julie shown in the last thread. Go look and see because you don't want to miss what she did for me! :)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I am amazed at the creativity and thoughtfullness of this group. I would be happy to help make sure any that have not received will be sure to get a box.

Susie, those new cupboards and countertop are beautiful!!! I am sure you are just loving them. Wish my kitchen looked as good!

Have a great day all! In a snow advisory here with 3-7 in. possible through tonight. Guess I'd better head out to work a bit early in case I need to make an early exit!

Blessings,
    Dee

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

RainbowLake,
    I picked up the package you sent me from the Post Office this morning. It was very heavy. I could hardly wait to get home and open it.
    Everything made it safely and in one piece. Altho the Caramel Kisses have started to disappear.... It's the first time I've had them, they are very good-very creamy and of course, half of the free world knows that I love chocolate....
    RainbowLake sent me a ton of nice things, the box was fully and totally filled.
    3 packets of seeds, all were on my wish list.
    Jingle Bell necklace.
    A light up Christmas pen
    Jumbo Jumbo tulip bulbs- a pink collection
    Rustic bird house
    Magnet "M" from a Hallmark collection by artist Marjolein Bastin, who happens to be one of my favorite artists/illustrators. I have stationery with art done by her and several x-stitch books too. You must be a mind reader.
    A 'rock' that has a compartment to hold your key(s)
    10 more tulip bulbs "Don Quichotte"
    Christmas windsock
    A book-"Second Nature" which I will start tonight!!
    and this pretty and imaginative picture frame

{{gwi:1308074}}

Thank you for thinking of me, you've put together a very nice package. And I WILL get even with you. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

pattyp2257

Santa has sent a package to you. It went out this morning Priority mail.
    Hope you like it.!!

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

thank you very grannymarsh for sending me a box cause i had felt really sad that my pal did not play but i hope everyone had a good thanksgiving because we have a lot to be thankful for we have met a lot of nice friends that love gardening patty

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you all for playing selah & patty sounds as if
    your box will arrive by the 1 st of next week.
    Agin I'm sorry for the long wait.

As A Hostess For these Robins I don't like to Tell
    anyone No they cannot play & I cannot really tell you
    who will send their end of the trade , these are
    chances we all take when we sign up to the robins .
    so just lat me say Good luck In your next robins.

susie

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I am snowed in, this is not right, we don't get snow in Seattle. Sue this was another great swap thankyou for all your hard work. we love you. Thankyou carol

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

pattyp2257

Any sign of 8 tiny reindeer yet?? The Big Guy that dresses up in red?? How about USPS ?? I'm excited for ya.

Veeja11, it would appear that you DO get snow in Seattle. Watch out for the snow fleas.

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

GrannyMarsh i recieved my box on sunday because i did not go to the mail till then and there was my box oh i love the orentaments they were pretty and my grandson love the toys and crayons and the cd was great he was happy to be included my husband loved the hershey kisses and i am so happy to get the seeds and the chimes i love chimes i hope your holidays are grand and thankyou for thinking of me and sue i had a great time making new friends never can have to many friends happy holidays to everyone patty

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

So, did selah1979 receive her box yet???

Patty, I'm glad you like the package. It is always fun to get a surprise in the mail. I had fun putting it together for you. And someday, maybe you will do something similar for someone else.

Marsha

• selah1979
    18 years ago

Thanks to Carol from WA. My package arrived today. It was a pleasent surprise!

Here is what I got:
    garden gloves
    a cute glass ornament
    Hershey Miniatures YUM.
    Houseplant food. I needed some of these. lol
    a 2 year planner
    ID markers
    hot cocoa
    an ID Puzzle
    Blue Beauty Tulips
    Gorgeous Daffodils
    Narscisses for forcing. I wanted one of these. :)
    Chocolates. HMMMMMM. I feel two pounds gained already.
    two nice mugs

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    William

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well looks as if everyone has recieved their Boxes
    & what boxes they all were Was going over all the gifts
    & it is so hard to choose so what I did was to put everyones names all but the ones that were no show's .
    or the ones that did not post I'm sorry But I felt that was the fair way yes to diene & flowersandbirds your names were in the pile for you both sent your boxes out & both posted So in my book that counts .
    so you were included in the drawing ,
    I just took all the names out for my father to draw a name and the "LUCKY WINNER "" IS

ZOEGURL2001/vegangurl CONGRATS

I wish I was able to send a box to everyone who played
    & done such wounderfull Boxes . I would really like to
    say A special thank you to Veeja11 rainbowlake, &
    Grannymarsh for helpping me make up for the no show's.

Summer I will try my hardest to get your special
    thank you box in the mail by friday. Keep watch for
    the conf# ok . also if you would please contact
    me to let me know you have not moved for I don't
    want to lose a box . if zoegurl dose not contact me
    by friday I will draw another name for the gift .
    I hope everyone finds this to be fair.
    If not please tell me . I will not be affended.
    susie

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Wow, I actually won something, amazing!! LOL. I e-mailed you Susie to let you know I still live in the same place, and sent you my addy again just incase you don't have it anymore. Thanks so much for such a great swap!!

~ZoeGurl2001

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Congratulations Summer! As the recipient of your Christmas box I will say that I think you deserve a prize. Let us know what you get.

Merry Christmas
    Karen

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

SUMMER
    Just wanted to let you know I have your box ready to go out tomorrow's mail & will post the conf # .
    Thank you all for the special gift of friendship
    we can share. & hope to be in other robins agin one day.

susie

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Congrats!!!! Summer...you will have to let us know what special things you've gotten.

Susie...thank YOU so much for hosting this exchange...it was so much fun and wonderful to "meet" everyone here. How are those new babies and the kitchen coming along? I am sure you are just gonna love it!

Wishing everyone a most wonderful Christmas and New Year!!!

Hugssssssssssss,
    Dee aka FaintHeart

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

SNOW SNOW :(( I'm Hopping to get to the POst office
    today but depends on the snow plow for I live on a country road & we are always last to get plowed , I
    will post as soon as I can get it out :)))

have a great weekend to all

susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I am here for you all to kick my hindend for being so late.
    I have a box ready and waitng for my special pal, but certain curcumstances has kept me from mailing. I am going to be able to send Monday 12/12/05.

I would have posted sooner, but we ended up with another terrible virus that came from our internet provider. They was hacked into apparently, and everyone who goes through them got hit. It completely wiped out our hard drive, grrrrrr. Fortunately, I had all but 4 seed trade printed out, so I should be able to get re-organized fairly quickly.

Sue, I love your new kitchen girl. Very nice.
    I have a set of 6 Duncan Phife dining chairs like that one sitting next to your cabinets to the left of the picture. I just love them. The fabric on yours looks almost identicul to what I recovered ours in, smiles.

Merry Christmas Ladies.
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Posted to the wrong thread.

*blushing*
    Tina

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Oooo Susie I'm all excited, lol, I hope my package comes today!! :)) Will post here when it comes. :D

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Well, nothing today. No biggie. Hope it comes tomorrow!! :)

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

just wanted to let you know it is on the way hopping it will be there tomorrow .

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 1720 0002 5542 2257

Your item was accepted at 11:09 am on December 09, 2005 in HASTINGS, MI 49058. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

susie

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Well, all I have to say is, HOLY COW Susie!! :)))) My birthday came a few days early, that's for sure! You are so sweet Susie, I can't believe how much you fit in that box, it was stuffed full! And things were wrapped up so pretty, I had so much fun opening everything!

And here are the presents that were wrapped:

Well, let's see here, I shall attempt to list everything that she sent me:

-A book about growing plants indoors, which is just great for me, because I sure do need help with that, lol! Looks like some good info in there!
    -A very cute windsock
    -Shower gloves, which look really neat, I've never had them before
    -tulip and hyacinth bulbs, which I love, and will plant in my yard in the next couple days!
    -Eggnog flavored coffee! I love eggnog and I love coffee, but I never would've thought to put the two together, lol! I will definately be trying this, I bet it will be quite tasty
    -A really cute santa soap
    -Some fruit-scented incense, which smells very nice. I really like incense, so I will enjoy these!
    -Some doggie biscuits just for my babies! Thank you so much for including them, that means a lot to me.
    -An eye wear care kit, which comes with some glasses cleaner, (which I definately will use because my glasses are always getting dirty,) some lens cloths, and a tiny screwdriver with several little screws, which is so funny, because one of the screws on my glasses has come loose many times, and I've had to take them in and have the screw replaced and have them tightened. So now I can do it myself, how did you know Susie?
    -A really cute little green notebook, which I really like because green is my favorite color
    -A package of foot repair lotion
    -A light fixture to illuminate paintings and other such things!
    -A Reese's Peanut Butter Cup scented lip balm, which smells very yummy
    -Some yummy chocolates, crackers, and licorice candies
    -Some homemade raisin suet cakes, which I'm so excited about feeding to the birds, they will just love them!!! I was also wondering if I could have your recipe for these? I always buy the storebought suet, and would love to be able to make them myself.

{{gwi:1308077}}

A little stocking filled with seeds!

A very special little snowman figurine, which is just so cute and I have it sitting on my desk right now. I couldn't seem to get a good photo of it, and this pic doesn't do it justice at all, it's just so cute!

-And there were also some delicious little jelly candies, I couldn't quit eating them, lol! Did you make them yourself?

-And a very special gift, a cookbook on preserving what I grow. Susie says it has been her bible, and that there's a wealth of info in it. It looks like a really great book, and just what I've been wanting, too. I know I will get a lot of use out of this, thank you so much for passing it on to me! Can't wait to try the recipes out with next year's harvest.

{{gwi:1308080}}

I sure hope I have not forgotten anything! I think I've remembered everything, forgive me if I left anything out. There was just so many great things in this box, I was like a kid in a candy store opening all these gifts, LOL! Thank you so much again Susie, you are so wonderful, you have no idea how much you've blessed me with this package. I have really been through a lot lately and have been pretty down, but getting this box from you has really lifted my spirits, to know that someone cares that much to send me all this neat stuff.

~Summer

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

summer you better open the lighting box for I didnt send a light to you :))
    as for suet cake for bird no the cookies are
    home made sugar cookies for you filled with my green tomato mincemeat if you don't like them then feed to the bird s :)))

as I say many times I"m a recycler when it comes to useing boxes inside of boxes :))) so anyone getting a
    box from me should always check every box nook & cranny
    I like to hide things sometimes also .
    glad you enjoyed thank you for playing in the robins .

& maybe one day you will be able to help out others .

well I have a xmas program to attend tonight . :))
    will check back later to see if you opened the box :))
    right off hand I can't remeber what I put in it :))
    susie

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

SUSIE, OH MY GOSH, I am SO embarrassed, I want to cry!!!!!! I thought that those cakes looked awfully good, but the ONLY reason I thought they were bird food was because there was a piece of tissue paper with it that said it was for my feathered friends. (I realize now that that note was not meant for me.) So I was very confused, and you are so wonderful to make those for me. There's no way I'm feeding them to the birds, they are just delicious (my mother has tried them, too, and says they are "awesome"!) and I am so terrible for thinking that!!
    And oh dear, there were just so many wonderful things in this box that I hadn't had a chance to open the light box yet, and I am really wishing I hadn't posted until I had opened up everything. The hand-knitted scarf is amazing!! I cannot believe you did that yourself, it looks like something I would pay lots of money for in a store!! And that windchime is the cutest thing I have ever seen, I can't wait to hang it up.

Now that this has been straightened out, I am praying that you don't just hate me now!! =( This box tops probably all boxes that I will ever get in any robin, and I can't believe you did all this for me. Thank you SO much Susie, you are truly the best!

~ From One Incredibly Embarrassed Girl

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

By the way, I will post pictures later of the adorable bee windchime and the scarf! You guys have to see this scarf, she did an amazing job. Unfortunately I couldn't knit if my life depended on it, lol, so I think it's pretty amazing that one could hand-knit something that looks like that! I just love it, I will use it all winter. It's so funny, too, because I was just saying to my mother a few days ago, that I needed a scarf for the cold winter ahead. But I hadn't gotten around to buying one yet. Now I'm glad I waited!!

~Summer

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Okay here's a few more photos!

Here's the scarf Susie knitted, isn't it beautiful?

And here are the bee windchimes, which I just love!

And last but not least, here is my Zeus about to enjoy one of the doggie biscuits. :)

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

should have sent king size bones :))))
    summer glad you enjoined the box .
    as for the scarf that was one of my 1st ones and please don't look to close for you may fine the dropped stiches :(((
    I never thought I would get old enough to knit I have just started my lesson's :))) what takes me 2-3 days takes my friend only a few hours but maybe one day i will catch up :)) .

snow comming our way so have to get to town and back before it hits .
    susie