SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonofgoom

Does anyone know of a potato leaf heart shaped tomato?

sonofgoom
16 years ago

My wife and I bought seeds from a new source this year. One of the tomatoes we were trying for the first time was Red Brandywine. THe first thing that had us po'd was that all of the seedlings were potato leaf. We wanted the real deal, but decided to grow them anyways. We put five in the garden. Four of them have tiny, oblate shaped fruit while one has oxheart shaped fruit. Does anyone know of any heart shaped varieties with potato leaves?

This same source sent us German Red strawberry that half of what we planted we are now finding to be a long paste tomato and one looks to be double heart shaped. I don't know if this is a seed mix up or poor practices on the growers part. Germination rate of these seeds was at about 17-65%, while two year old seeds from Totally Tomatoes had a 90%+ rate. Goes to show you that an informative site and a book to your name does not make you a good seedsman.

Any help would be appreciated in regards to identifying any tomatoes with heart shaped fruit and potato leaves. Thanks.

Comments (2)