SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

ground squirrels!!

grullablue
13 years ago

I'm sitting here holding my breath! For almost 10 years I've been neglecting planting along the foundation in a certain spot...just for lack of a green thumb. I've finally done it this year, and I'm having a problem that I'm afraid may threaten my plants, one of them being my beloved scarletta fetterbush that I had a hard time finding, and have been unable to find any mates for. I have my scarletta, hostas and some japanese painted ferns growing here. And some ground squirrels have moved in (what appear to be what they call the 13-lined ground squirrel?) HOW CAN I GET RID of them? Or make this place less desirable for them? There is a cement porch here, and I believe they have a burrow somewhere underneath, I don't know for sure. I have put mulch down and they are stirring dirt right back up, creating holes everywhere, and I'm not sure if they pose a threat to my plants now or what. How can I get these things out of here? We have them all over the place, I live in the country...and have just agreed to "have" to live with the small holes in my 2 acre yard...but I don't want them in my planting bed! I appreciate any feedback anyone can provide! And hey, if by chance anyone knows anyone who is selling scarletta fetterbush (leucothoe fontanesiana 'zeblid') please let me know! I'm in southern WI near Madison.

Angie

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus