SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fonnie_gw

Separate plants from one pot

15 years ago

Hi guys

This is my first time on the forum and first time I've grown anything in my entire life, so pls bear with me and my newbie mistakes. Im having a little trouble with my plants. About a month ago I bought 3 small tomatoes plants from a farmer market. Two of them are micro tom and one is sort of...unknown. I might have heard the seller said "golden". Anyway, I assumed that they are all small types so I pot them in one container (after reading this forum I realised I shouldn't -_-" ) Now, the unknown one is growing like mad....just over a foot and a half tall and growing! The micro toms are producing fruits nicely and stay small but now being overshadowed by the big one, I dont know how long they're going to last. I believe they need to be separated. The container is about 1ft x 1ft x 1ft (I know it's small but i thought the plants are small T_T ) and I have an identical one which i'm planning to use. The questions are

1. Is there any tricks to separate them while minimising the damage to the roots.

2. Assuming the one that got moved will suffer somehow, should I move the large plants or the well-doing micro toms.

3. Would the identical container(1x1x1ft) be large enough for my so-called golden tomatoes plant?

Sorry if the questions have been answer before but I have been searching this forum for an hr now and I can't find the answers I'm looking for.

Thank you in advance.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH