SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ardee_gw

mid-season fertilizing

ardee
11 years ago

Greetings Best and Brightest,

I haven't posted much in the past few years but monitor the forum daily. I've learned a lot about gardening from you all, and for this I am grateful.

My tomato plants seem to be doing quite well at this time of the growing season. I live in the Southcoast of Ma. I'm growing Big Boys. Five plants are in a raised bed and three others are in the main garden. Unfortunately, that's all the room I have for tomatoes. Each plant has about six or seven thriving tomatoes, most are large in size. They are still dark green and have been in that state for weeks. I water daily and haven't fertilized in about three weeks. There are very few new blossoms and after they bloom, they mostly turn brown and shrivel up. I understand this is most likely due to the excessive heat and humidity we've had here of late. The leaves are green and not suffering from any diseases. My question: Is there anything I can do to induce more blossoms at this point and time? Should I resume fertilizing? I initially used Espoma for tomatoes by placing some under the transplants at planting. I followed every few weeks thereafter with MG until a few weeks ago.

I (hopefully) included a photo. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

Respectfully,

Bob

Comment (1)