SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

6-21-11 Damage Report

melvalena
12 years ago

How'd your plants do?

plastic bowls I use as umbrellas for the hummingbird feeders are toast on 2 of the 4. (saw several hummers out this morning.. most of their natural nectar sources are gone this morning so they're coming to the feeders. :(

here's the report I sent to hubby:

gutters look ok to me, so do the parts of the roof I looked at. Need to look in brighter sunlight to be sure and have insurance come take a look. I don't see any holes or torn up shingles.

Garage doors look ok. I couldn't find any hail dings in them at all. Kelly said she didn't see any damage on the cars at her apt, so maybe because the hail was so small it didn't dent anything?

Windows are all ok.

1 plastic pot, (it was empty) is in pieces

one patio chair needs the back rest webbing replaced.

one yard art spike is broken

one plant in front of fireplace ripped out of the ground (other part of plant is still in ground) It was a datmansia.

tomatoes on one plant are toast. others don't look like they got any damage. Main stems on one are broken in half.. will have to cut way down and see if they grow back or not.

1/3 of what was left of that bradford that took damage last storm is laying in the yard but I don't think it damaged anything in the fall. It missed the shrubs,hasta and brug by only inches!!

All the foliage on all the plants (except the shrubs and roses) are either gone or shredded.

The hastas, brugmansias, hydrangeas, turks caps, caladiums, begonias, cannas, crinums, lilies, plumarias, --

ALL plants need leaves cut off or be cut back so they can re grow. :(

Its a good thing we sat out there last night and drank a beer to see how good it all looked. It won't look that good again for a while..... Or maybe until the fall.... it may be too late and too hot for them to be able to repair themselves. :( Maybe my fertilizing them the last 2 Sundays will help?

More severe storms are supposed to be coming tonight.

I managed to make room for DD car in the garage (due to work she's staying the night tonight. Now that I've done all that, there shouldn't be any bad storms up here. :)

Comments (19)