SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
watboy

best garden year ever.

watboy
16 years ago

Well so far this year I've picked about 3 lbs of green beans and snap peas. i've been trying to grow these for years with very little success. i've picked two 3 yellow summer squash and have about 4 more that may be ready by next week. i've been picking cherry tomatoes for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I have cuccumbers growing as well(very few). Mt tomato plants are huge!! With tons of fruit set and I mean tons!

things i did differently:

I borrowed a friends rototiller and tileld about 2/1 inches down. I used compost from my new homemade compost bin. My Pa and I built a raised garden. I planted a month earlier. I went organic no more miracle-gro. I sprayed the garden with Daconil before planting. I have more hybrids than heirlooms this year(only 8 tomato plants are heirlooms). the weather has been more cooporative this year( not anything I did :p )

Issues I need help with:

i've had 4 squshes grow very tiny and then turn black where the blossom is and rot. How do I fix that?My cuccumbr planta have about one cuccumber per plant and tons of flowers. How do I get veggie set?

Comments (5)