SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzan_qsous

Looking for a tasty heirloom tomato that would grow well here

Suzan Qsous
11 years ago

I'm looking for a great tasting heirloom tomato to plant in my garden that's not very hard to grow (since I'm still a novice) and that would keep producing all season instead of popping them all at once. I would prefer the kind that would do well with simple staking instead of caging because I have a large dog who just loves to pull cages off ruining the vines. I just want to plant 3 or so varieties to experiment with, color doesn't matter as long as it tastes great. Any planting tips are welcome.

We mostly use tomatoes for salad or eat them right off the vine. Problem is, they don't sell heirloom tomatoes here for me to know which varieties would suit my area so I'm planning to order them online. I could use any advice on a good and tried website to buy from.

I live in the middle east. The area which I live in has a "deserty" weather. Lowest it gets in winter is about 20 and rainfall varies from year to year. We get snow once or twice a year but it doesn't last for more than a couple days . In summer it averages at about 95 but it's not uncommon for it to go up to 115 or even 120 three or four times during the summer. Summers have no rainfall and the area isn't exactly humid or tropical, more like dry heat. Spring is usually mild and frost is rare although not to be ruled out. Spring night is usually at mid 40s to low 50s. We get a lot of direct sunlight so something that could stand the heat would be preferable. I hope this was detailed enough to compare to your local areas.

Comments (10)