SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrene_gw

Saw a Coyote the other day!!

terrene
17 years ago

My gardens are in the front yard, mostly because that's where I get pretty decent sun for the perennials and butterfly garden. I have a chair set up in the middle of the yard under a sugar maple, and like to watch the butterflies, hummingbirds, birds, bees, etc.

So I was sitting there about 5 PM the other evening. I just about fell over in the chair when a coyote came running along the property line, out into the road, and into the field across the street!

If I had had my wits about me, I would have picked up the camera and snapped a quick shot, even if I only caught the back of him dashing into the field. Instead, I yelled at him to "Git"! (Do you think he'll listen and not come back??)

He was a handsome and rather large animal. Large head and paws. Looked like he could make a quick meal out of my cat, who I have coincidentally been keeping inside because she has caught a couple young birds in the past week who I think were fledglings.

I thought coyotes were nocturnal and somewhat wary of humans? This one came prancing through a suburban neighborhood in broad daylight like he owned the place.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville