SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardningscomplicated

some kind of leaf problem

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so if there's a good thread, please point me in the right direction...

I started noticing a problem with some of my seedlings maybe a few days, or a week ago. I think it started after they were in my tunnel on a hot day, they were wilting, and I watered them using the misting setting on my hose thing. I typically don't water them from the top, but I was pressed for time, was lazy, and probably getting eaten up by mosquitos. Then I decided watering that way wasn't such a bad thing, so I did it a few more times. But now I'm seeing what I think is some kind of fungal or stress thing on the leaves. I looked at some pictures of different diseases, and haven't identified it yet. It's not affecting any stems as far as I can tell. I don't have my camera working right now, so I can't post a picture. So I have a couple questions.

1) What are some of the most likely things it could be? The leaves started out by getting kinda yellow, if I remember correctly. Then got sort of a tan color. No stem problems that I know of.

2) Not knowing what it is yet, but assuming it's nothing horrible, what should I do? Should I just ignore it, and hope it goes away? Should I remove the leaves with problems? Should I assume it's something horrible, and isolate them? I know I need to figure out what it is, but I'm wondering what I should do in the meantime. I prefer to not use any chemicals. But I'm thinking about spraying some chamomile tea on them. It might not help, but it can't hurt.

Comments (5)