SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starstryker

New to the forum and have some questions

starstryker
16 years ago

Hello everyone, I have just started gardening this year after about a five year hiatus. I originally stopped because the only place that had sun was the middle of our front yard, needless to say, mom was not thrilled when I dug it up. However, when hurricane Rita came through, it knocked down a LOT of very large old trees, so now there is lots of sunlight, and I'm out of school for the summer (college). So anyway, I have planted the usual veggies, Tomatoes, and cucumbers, then I mailed off for some rather unusual plants, from GardenersChoice.com. I ordered 2 tomatoe trees, which were dry when they got here, but are coming back, a banana houseplant, which is doing well, but then there is this fruit salad tree, which I'm not too sure about, it came as a stick with roots, so I planted it, and watered it, but so far no real change in the 3 weeks or so since I planted it, there is still green on the trunk part of it, so don't think its dead, but any info would be helpful, since this is my first attempt at growing a fruit tree.

Starstryker

P.S. also have a habanero pepper plant, which is doing very well since I moved it into a larger pot, already has many peppers on it, and should keep me in salsa for quite a while.

P.S.S forgot about the climbing lily from the same site, got it as a root, planted those, been watering for about 3 weeks, no change.

Comments (7)