SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachgardener_gw

Are there any gardeners along the SoCal Coast?

beachgardener
16 years ago

Hey just wondering if there are any SoCal garderners out there? Just curious how you all are coming along with you veggies? Here in Ventura, we've had a long bout of marine layer that really puts a damper on growth. I think we've had 3 or 4 months of just really bummer weather, no rain but no sun either! The cool season veggies are loving it of course (lettuces, celery, peas, spinach, etc.) but I am always curious if anyone else is frustrated as I am? I've been doing the the sunshine dance for quite sometime and I'm just starting to see the effects these past 2 days, and I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed so the weather trend continues. I get so jealous of the garden pics that everyone sends in. Everyone is cashing in on their crops already and mine are still little "toddlers" getting established. I've already got tomatillos, tomatoes, (San Francisco Fog and Sun gold) going ok. Bush beans, Squash, Zukes and Cukes. Bells and Jalepenos are about 3 weeks in the ground and are staring to take off. I think the black plastic is really helping the ground temp. Still have more to plant, but I always have to remind myself not to get in a hurry. I know the best weather is yet to come! I hope, I can't take anymore of the "June Gloom"!

Comments (5)