SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashleysf_gw

Dipping English Ivy cut ends in full strength herbicide?

ashleysf
14 years ago

I am unable to spray the english ivy on my chain link fence because the neighbor who planted it also planted several fruit trees close to that fence and I do not want overspray. He says I can remove as much of the ivy from my side as I want without spraying - he doesnt' care for it but does not want to spend the effort or money to remove it. Which is fine with me. I cannot step into his side because he is not cordial and also has 3 vicious pit bulls.

I have hand pulled as much of the ivy as possible. Then I spent an hour dipping the cut ends of the ivy from my side of the fence in full strength "Roundup for Poison Ivy plus Tough Brush Killer". My question to all the weed experts is, did I do enough? Will just dipping the cut tips of the ivy in Roundup be good enough to kill it? Or does the ivy need to be sprayed? I looked at them two hours later and see no signs of wilting and they are as healthy as before.

If the amount of herbicide I applied by dipping cut end of vines in a cup of full strength Roundup is not enough, I need to figure out how to paint the ivy with a brush!

Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)