SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

What's Your Favorite Vine?

moonwolf_gw
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Vines are one of my favorite plants to grow in the garden.

I thought I would add my top 10 favorite vines that I like to grow or would like to grow. So here they are!

1. Honeysuckle (You can't beat that fragrance! A wonderful vine in any garden not including the Japanese variety!)

2. Hoya (I know it's mainly an indoor vine, but it's very easy to grow and the flowers are worth the wait!)

3. Moonflower (Beautiful flowers and fragrance)

1. Cup and Saucer (will be growing these next year; the flowers look beautiful!)

5. Passion Flower (they smell wonderful and are very unique looking. I've never grown these.)

6. Wisteria (My neighbor has a huge Chinese wisteria in her yard and she says it smells wonderful when in bloom. I've never grown any variety of it. I would love to grow "Blue Moon"!)

7. Clematis (Lives up to being "Queen of the Climbers")

8. Morning Glory (Always a reliable performer!)

9. Silver Fleece Vine (Don't know much about this one; read it's a hardy vine)

1. Climbing roses (I have a Fourth of July that does very well every year. In fact there are still buds on it!)

Well, there you have it! This is my favorite list. Maybe your favorites will match some of mine! On the ones I haven't grown, can anybody share your experiences with them, please? I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you for sharing!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (20)