SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floridabear

'Common' Snail Vine....Again....Advise

floridabear
16 years ago

My last posting was that the vine is growing. And it IS growing...but it is FARRRRR from this out of control 'animal' vine that everyone seems to speak of..and that I WANT! What am I doing wrong? Is it to hot in south Fla. for it to bloom..I have no buds in sight. The vine is growing...but it is WELL in control...I can twist the vines onto the fence to my pleasure...well under control. I want this huge out of control vine that others seem to complain about. The vine is just covering the chainlink...not covering and hiding the spaces. Just following the chainlinks. No blooms in sight.

Is it just to hot? It must be in the low 100's in the full sun,but it is in the high 90's everyday. I thought this was suppose to thrive on this heat?. All it is doing is growing. The 'Alata' Passion vine I planted right next to it is finally starting to become the 'animal' it is. But even it is under control so far. A 2 foot long rooted cutting, that is following the chainlinks...but not covering the spaces in the fence...it is JUST starting to 'sprout' out side vines finally. THEN I will get the flowers and the out of control passion vine.

But my snail vine is just growing...not becoming that animal you all talk about. So...how do I get it TO BECOME that out of control vine? Any hints? Or is it just to hot here now? That is all I can think of that might hold it back..

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting