SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wvtomatoman

Leaf Curl vs. Leaf Roll - Small Pics included

wvtomatoman
15 years ago

There have been a lot of questions about leaf roll and leaf curl (the abiotic/physiological kind) so I thought I would post some pictures to help clarify. I tried to show enough detail but kept the pictures small for those that are connection speed challenged. :-)

This is a picture of an Azoychka plant with physiological leaf curl. It is an older and established plant. We had torrential rain followed by record setting heat.

Due to a very wet spring I couldn't plant on time. The plants were older than they should have been and a bit leggy. Therefore I trenched them and wanted them to develop roots quickly because I knew they'd be flowering soon. So, I added a little something something to the hole. I've only had to pinch flowers off about 6 plants (there is another I really should, but I'm probably not going to). Anyhow, by jacking it to them like that a couple of plants have developed leaf roll which happens when young plants grow too fast. So here's a picture of one of those plants:

And here's a detailed picture showing the classic tubing of leaves:

I hope this helps.

OBTW, I am not at all concerned about these plants, they will grow out of it and be fine.

Randy

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor