SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Vigna Caracalla....Again

18 years ago

Ok. In only 3 days after potting UP my seedlings they are throwing out vines! Like crazy! Finally!!! Now. I am going to plant it in the yard on a fence. Here's the question. I am in Ft.Laud. So it is hot sunny and we are starting the rainy season. Where do I plant it so that it grows and blooms? In a dry area,or wet? Full sun all day,or part of the day? We have pure sand for soil..should I add 'muck' or potting soil to the planting area? Or let it grow in our 'sand soil'?? I have 9 seedlings,6 are ready to go in the ground now. Obviously the roots must NOT be restricted at all! So..any planting ideas would be of great help. I dont want to cook them or drown them or dry them out. What do they need to make them really take off? Thanks!

Comment (1)

• 18 years ago

Hi, I have a vigna growing like crazy around an old step ladder. Its under the house eave, gets part sun and shade. Its planted in the ground so it does get lots of water from our rainy season. During the dusk hours we like to sit outside and enjoy its sweet fragrance.

Good luck,
    Sylvia

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH