SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bartjones_gw

hardening off some late tomatoes

bartjones
14 years ago

A quick question about hardening off. As some of you may know from my previous posts IÂve been doing a little container gardening on my balcony here in South Korea. Yesterday I met a friend of my mother in law who was admiring my container tomatoes. It turns out she owns a pear farm not far from here and has a spare patch of land sheÂs not using. She offered me a little space and yesterday I planted a bunch of seeds in my little solarium, mostly 65-75 day varieties. We donÂt get frost here until mid to late November so I figure they should produce some fruit before things get too cold and even if they fail, IÂm kind of excited about having a little patch of land to grow on.

When I grew my container tomatoes I planted the seed indoors in early March and hardened them off in mid April for 10 days when temps were in the 50 F range. ItÂs now averaging about 85 F here during the day. Do I need to have as long a hardening off period? IÂm kind of anxious to get them in the ground as itÂs getting late for planting tomatoes. As always, thanks for any help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz