SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseymaids

help identify this vine? And how to control or get rid of it?

jerseymaids
9 years ago

My husband and I bought this house over the winter and have had such fun learning the yard and planting a garden this spring. However, as the weather gets warmer in zone 5, we are having a serious Ivy problem. This spreader and climber that we found in the garden is moving faster than we can keep up with it and choking other plants. It is lovely when it is under control, but we don't have the time or resources to keep the amount that is here under control. So my question : is there an easy way to control it that we don't know about? Or is there a way to get rid of it without damaging other plants there? My thought was to leave it and just let the garden be, trimming it back for the summer time, and then treating the entire garden with Roundup in the fall and hope that it kills of whatever is left and we can start fresh next year. But I also don't want to do damage to bulbs or perennials or do irreversible damage to the soil that takes years to recover from. Does anyone have any insight? Or can even tell me what this ivy species is? I have done some research but I'm coming up short. It is a light green, & a flat heart shaped leaf. thank you!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES