SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasbanzai

Tomato leaves turning yellow

texasbanzai
15 years ago

I bought some 4" tomato plants a few weeks go and planted them in our raised bed about a month ago. I followed the directions on the plants label and planted the peat pots + plants about 2/3rds deep. About 1-2 weeks ago I noticed the leaves on the bottom limb (which was partially buried in the ground) of the Husky Cherry Red plant turning yellow and wilting. I figured this was probably due to the limb being buried and went about my business. Just in case, I sprinkled a small amount of an "organic" 9-5-4 fertilizer throughout the garden bed and watered in.

This past week I noticed that the leaves on the next limbs up are starting to turn yellow and some of the leaves towards the middle of plant have some yellow/brown spots.

{{gwi:1340018}} {{gwi:1340019}}

The leaves that have turned yellow feel very thin, almost like tissue paper. I didn't see anything that look like insects feeding on the plants (at least, not above ground).

{{gwi:1340021}} {{gwi:1340023}}

I thought that it might be due to nitrogen deficiency so I used some 5-1-1 fish emulsion but it doesn't seem to have helped any. I had considered cutting all the injured/diseased/affected parts of the plant, but I'm afraid there might not be much left.

Any help identifying what's happening or how to solve it is greatly apprecated.

Thanks.

Comments (6)