SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynda_mc

New to Texas and this forum - need advice :)

lynda_mc
17 years ago

Hello, I am still claiming to be new to Texas, though I moved here 5 years ago from Ohio. I had a pretty good handle on gardening in the midwest, let's just say a LOT of trial and error here in the Houston area! Then again, isn't that what it's all about!

I found this forum recently when I decided to try a vegetable garden. That is one of the things I miss the most from my beautiful Ohio yard so I'm giving it a try - wish me luck! I've learned a lot from old posts on this board! Just Saturday I put out three tomato plants and three pepper plants. I plan to try radishes, parsley, and lettuce from seeds. So, we'll see.

Here's what I need help with today. I'm the lucky neighbor in my subdivision with the big ugly electric box in the back corner of my yard. In the past, I put a trellis around it and grew morning glory - it grows so fast and completely covers the box. Problem is, it gets so overgrown there then eventually dies back. I'm trying to figure out what to plant around it is somewhat low maintainance and will be green enough an/or bloom enough to cover the electric box year round. Suggestions?

TIA!

Lynda

Comments (9)