SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayaosu

Fertilizer Burn--Will they recover??

16 years ago

I have been lurking on these forums for several weeks now, and I really value the advice you all give. I have a small vegetable garden this year for the first time in 8 years, and everything was going great until yesterday. My DH (who has never had a garden before) decided to fertilize the garden as a favor to me while I was at church. That would not have been a problem except that he got tired after a while and dumped what was left in the MG garden feeder over some of my tomatoes. When I returned from church I was confronted by two Romas and a Brandywine with blue powder covering some leaves. I immediately rinsed them off, but the affected leaves are now either completely brown, curled, and dead, or covered in brown splotches. Will the plants recover?? The Romas are about 18 inches tall and about the bottom 2 to 3 branches of leaves were affected. The Brandywine is about 12 inches tall and only 4-6 leaves were mildly affected. I'm just sick about this, is there anything I can do to help them survive?

Comments (3)