SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treeguy123

Morning Glory questions

treeguy123
17 years ago

We have many wild blue and a few white Morning Glories that come up from the ground in the spring and cover our deck railing, and I was wondering if these two in the links below could pollinate the Morning Glories know as Heavenly Blue. I bought some Heavenly Blue morning glory seed and it is my favorite colored morning glory with the white, yellow, and blue and I would not want to lose that coloration for next years second generation seed sprouts because of our wild ones mixing in their genes. I would love to hear that they will not mix but I'm thinking they would easily cross pollinate, if they do I will have to kill all the wild ones so I can start a large Heavenly blue morning glory garden. This way I will not have to buy a new pack of Heavenly Blue every year. Do you all think they would mix and cause the exact Heavenly Blue coloration to be lost? If so what should I do to keep them from mixing, cut all the wild blue and white flowers off before they bloom or pull out the vine etc.? Also Identification on these two below would be greatly appreciated.

{{gwi:1336696}}

{{gwi:1336699}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus