SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ragtimegal

Sad plant (pics)- Should I pull it?

15 years ago

This plant is the only remaining one from a group I purchased from the nursery in Feb. All of them ended up with Septoria leaf spot, and this was the only salvageable plant. I removed the leaves with spots and started spraying with Daconil. The disease did not seem to spread up the plant as it did with the others, so I kept it (against recommendations to pull it), and the plant next to it ended up with it as well.

Long story short, my seedlings are now out in the garden. The unhappy plant is producing, and it has 4+ toms on it right now, but it looks SO sad. It did not look this sad before, so something has changed. The foliage is curling, and wilting and some of it drying up. The plant is not under watered or over watered, though it is planted in 1/2 compost 1/2 potting mix, and it may have some wet feet. Also, there are now these dark brown droppings on the leaves. I don't know what is making those.

So, there are two issues here. 1) Something has changed that this plant is so unhappy now. 2)I still find a few leaves with the spots,which I remove, so the disease isn't completely gone. I am concerned that the leaf spot will spread to my new plants, though I am spraying them with Daconil weekly.

Would you pull a plant like this that is producing? As a new gardener, it is hard enough to pull a plant, though I have managed to do it now a few times, but it is even harder to pull one that has tomatoes on it.

Any thoughts?

Sad Plant

Droppings? kind of fuzzy and hard to see

Happy plants! :)

Comments (3)