SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
offcialbestof

Any advice on vines for planting around a water fountain

offcialbestof
10 years ago

Hi. I'm new to the forum but am interested in learning from you experienced folk on what are good vines and plants for planting next to a water fountain in Arizona. I just got a new fountain that throws off a fair amount of water and has a base for a typical pot plant along the water path. Problem is it gathers a few inches of water in it so no potted plant will work in that spot and also would like to have vines that will grow up on this rock type fountain that is about 5 feet tall and has lots of cling options for a vining plant. I have about 2.5 feet behind it and then the slump block wall (similar to rough brick) of the house that has a trellis that v's out and goes up about 6 feet that I think would be great for a climbing rose bush.

I'm new to the forum and quite frankly to botany. This is my first house to own and plan to be here to the end and want to learn about botany and what I can do. I am very grateful for any advice and certainly appreciate the fact that this forum is here thanks to people dedicated to the love of growing beauty.

Comment (1)