SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rainbowlake_gw

Birthday month Exchange for August-Marie-WYNative

RainbowLake
17 years ago

I am the Aug. birthday person and am soooo excited about it! Jan's and Deb's lists helped so much that I thought I would do the same.

I love bulbs! Iris, tulips, crocus, BIG, little, run of the mill, unusual ~ you name it, I love them. I have an Iris garden that is mostly purple, so any other color would be great. I am preparing a tulip garden for my daughter as they are her favorites and am still working on her Secret/Fairy garden. I have 1.5 acres that I am planting sun loving lilies in, it is a work in progress. I have quite a few orange ditch lily's in bloom right now and they are gorgeous! Along the drive side of the lilies I have saved about a 2 foot strip to plant De Ora's (yellow and purple), white, grape and feather hyacinth in.

I am crazy about annuals. I mix zinnia's, daisy's, marigold's, Petula's and any other seeds I have all together in a bag. Then toss them in all my perennial beds. It fills in the open spaces, easy to care for and pretty all summer long.

I enjoy tucking little garden critters everywhere - turtles, frogs, birds, stepping stone & bobbin' heads are just a few. Oh, I also have a little rattle snake that wears a base ball cap - his name is Pedro & he is adorable! ANY hand crafted items, veggy seeds & double Holly Hocks are a plus :) The Hoppers are VICIOUS this year! My poor H.H. are being eatin' down to the stocks! I am using home made tobacco spray but they think it's a condiment....

My wish/dream list:

Miracle grow/fertilizer's

Hopper killing powders or sprays!

Columbines

Poppies

Hibiscus

Monstera

flowering trees for zone 4/5

Yellow Peony ~ I have a 30' row of Peonies in all different color's but no yellow....

Someone to help weed, mow, trim, finish concrete, lay rock, plant posts & wire work on the secret garden/outdoor grape room. It is just soooo hot that I am having trouble getting up the energy to do it...

Just want to share my latest excitement:

I have 4 moon flowers bordering the north side of my lawn that are in bloom. This morning the scent was HEAVENLY.... My Rosary Vine is also blooming - very neat! My veggy garden is producing ~ tomatoes, pepper's, cucumber's, Kalahari and bushel's of squash. In another week my daughter and I will be in canning heaven :) There are 4 baby watermelon (only one plant this year made it) and to many cantaloupe to count.

I will be thrilled with anything. I feel blessed that I can be a part of this group exchange.

Cooler temps and rain dances,

Marie

Comments (32)