SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puglvr1

Well...Its Starting Already! (Part Two)

puglvr1
13 years ago

Hi Everyone, I wanted to start Part two of this thread since we've reached the maximum posts of 150! I put the link below for the original thread in case anyone needs to go back to it.

Hi Sun...Wow! 23.4 degrees is pretty darn cold!! That's just crazy! My low was 28.5 degrees. I had 8 hours of below 32 degrees, from midnight to 8 am. BTW, I agree with mangodog...you have a beautiful house and property!

I uncovered my trees this afternoon...took forever and I still have one more to do tomorrow! Boy, It sure is a lot of work putting them up and taking them all down! Looks like I sustained a little more damage but so far most of them seem to be alive except maybe my Keitt. That one might be a goner? All the leaves are freeze damaged...not one single leaf on that tree is green. I won't know till Spring if it survives. Right now, "if" I can keep at least one of them alive I will be happy, although it will be the smallest/shortest dwarf mango tree around once it gets pugged in Spring!

Mangodog, thanks for the sympathies...the question is how many more of these freezes can they endure? This is going to be the longest winter ever for me!

Anyone else have any updates on how your trees did?

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Thread...

Comments (29)