here's Susan's tracking numbers
    0103 8555 7497 3451 1930
    0103 8555 7497 7617 0812
    what's up neighbors...sure is quiet!

• dimples31312
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hey Barb waving back! LOL

Rhonda just wanted to let you know your package will be going out monday.
    You still have time to add to your list if you want.

Dorothy

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: I/E Seed Clean Out Swap -- Going Once, Going Twice

Q

Comments (46)
    I meant to reply sooner, but have been away. Pawneepapa, you made it it a success! We just helped a little. I was wowed by the variety I received in the pack. I can't wait to get planting. This certainly helped stave off the winter doldrums. It's good to know the extras will be used and are appreciated. Thanks to all for making my first seed swap experience wonderful. I'll be participating again! Barb
    ...See More

update: update: seed clean out - going once...going twice

Q

Comments (24)
    Hi, Wanted to add these to my want list. Thornless blackberries Bunching onions Garlic chives Chives Ground cherry All peppers that are left Green onions Corn bi color sweet Tomato amana orange Green lentils peas Corn hulless popcorn kandy corn Blue hopi corn Indian Spearmint pumpkin big max Dills giant Atlantic small sugar Triple treat jaradale Small sugar Early sweet sugar Tomato container choice Brandywine yellow cherokee purple Pink brandywine Matts wild cherry Red pear Striped cavern Tommy toe Yellow cherry Yellow pear Greens 5 color rainbow chard Watermelon sweat Siberian Florida giant Melons Amish Honey king Jumbo hales best Swan lake Wonder melin Tigger Summer squash black zucchini early crookneck Yellow crookneck Early prolific straight neck Brussel sprouts Celery mary Washington asparagus Thanks so much again Lisa
    ...See More

update: ie seed clean out swap: last chance

Q

Comments (32)
    Becky! You must have read every possible choice of what I wanted on my want list! You're the BOMB! Thank you so much! If you can't tell, I got my package Saturday. It was really late when I got in and was able to open it, or I would've posted sooner. I didn't have any idea how big my envy would be coming back to me... Oh, my! I am seriously very happy! I can't wait to harvest from these and give back way more next year for this swap if it's done again. Blessings, Angela
    ...See More

UPDATE: may obf swap abc's of gardening (2)

Q

Comments (122)
    Morning.. Joke for the day (ps my mother sent me this) ROSES & HANGING BASKETS A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with this see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just pitched a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that! The teenager tells her 'Loosen up Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rose buds show!' and out she goes. The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate.... The grandmother says, 'Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rose buds, then I can display my hanging baskets. Happy Gardening.
    ...See More
  • domehomedee
    14 years ago

Amy,
    Here's your DC#0306 3030 0002 9132 2365.
    I managed to get most everything you wanted in the box.
    I didn't send a hoya cutting as my hoya just bloomed. After it blooms the vine ends are leafless with dead flowers on the ends. I think it's winter when gets new growth and I'll save the trimmings next time and root them. Go buy some pots . . . you're going to need them!
    Dee

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Barb,

Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?

How about now?

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Lol Left Oak creek it had to go on a tour of Milwaukee....belly laugh...........

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Dee, **most everything** I wanted, are you kidding!??!?! OMG, I am so excited!!! I can't wait to get the box!! It IS just like x-mas!!! I won't be able to sleep tonight!! LOL!!!

Deb, I will pack up your box this weekend so you still have time to add more stuff. I plan to pack the box full, so you better let me know if there's anything else you want. Otherwise, I'll add extras to fill it up!! LOL!! :-) Like bigmama would say, the kitchen sink of houseplants!!!

Amy

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Amy,
    I'm excited and can't wait for your box! I already picked up a large bag of soil. ;)
    Hmmm, african violets definately! Coleus if you have any room left in the box. I also love spider plants! Ok, better quit before I write down everything from your list, LOL!

I'm planning to send my box out to Dorothy on Monday too. I'll post the DC# when it goes out.

Hugs,
    Deb

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hi! Everyone!
    Heather thank you I am sooooooo excited can hardly wait!
    Dee I have been e-mailing you to see if you want anything
    else off my list if not I will mail yours Monday :)
    Barb hang in there girlfriend and thanks for inviteing
    me to this trade! Soo what's everybody getting hummmmm!
    Lol!
    Susan

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

AANNNNNNNN Wholy smokes you are not a newbie! You need to teach me! Your plants are frickin awesome! You all dont believe her when she says she is a newbie lol Wow I am so impressed by you! I had to take pics to show everyone... I died and went to heaven... That begonia is wonderful... The blood banana is a foot tall everybody.....Thank you for the butterwort for the gh and fungus knats...I have to look that up... Thanks for teaching me.:)

The Pinapple queen coleus is now my favorite coleus in my collection...It is beautiful..... You all she sent the coleus in baggies and they didnt show any leaf transpiration at all! Everything looks like I just walked down the street to pick them up....

Well Ann I am gonna brag on you and show your beautiful plants/cuttings..:) Thank you my Michigan friend! If you ever want to side trade dont hesitant in emailing me...Barb

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

I am so excited Everybody Look at my coffee cups! I am cracking up and smiling from ear to ear...Can you all see the baggie full of watch chain crassula woot woot...Lol Hey ann what do you feed your succelents? See the heart of the jungle too? Man I need to pinch myself....hahahhaha

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Barb what a wonderful box! Ann you sent some droolious plants! Congratulations on a wonderful trade!

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Aw, shucks, Barb! I'm actually blushing!

I'm very glad--so delighted that you are pleased!

Came here to brag on NORMA though!

Norma sent me the equivalent of a Noah's Ark (in a box!) of plants and cuttings. Seriously, if we had to put someone in charge of getting one of each to save the plant kingdom, I think she'd be the one to do it! Amazing and so wonderful! I don't know how she fit all that stuff in there!

All for now--gotta git gone, but will share more later.

--Thanks both to Norma and Barb!!

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Wow! I recieved my box today from retsec and boy was it
    Christmas in August in my house today. Eventhough I open the box 1 hr ago i'm still amazed at the variety of plants that she sent. Ginger, Canna , Oh and my goldfish plant,EE there are so many :) i'm was truly blessed to have you as my partner.

Cj

• bigmama4ever
    14 years ago

hi neighbors, all is well in az, raining , thunder, lightning, ho my...i sent all 3 boxes, ann got hers, waiting on amy and heather to see if you got yours. i also rec amys, and i want to thank for the great plants, espeasialy for takin the time to put that rooting thing on. everything looks great. waiting on heathers box wich im woried shoud had been here today..any one up for a side trade, looking for coleous, black ee. tropical stuff, i will of course send my kitchen sink..saludos from bigmamas garden..

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Got your box today bigmama, everything looked pretty good. The box sat in my mailbox all day since it fit in there so some of the stuff was pretty droopy. I think it will pop back though. Thanks! My mail lady is usually really good about putting my boxes on my front step. But I guess she was lazy today...grr.

I am still hoping to get Deb's box packed up and out by Monday. I'll let you know when I ship it. Great boxes so far!!! More pictures please!! :-)

Amy

• domehomedee
    14 years ago

Susan,
    I'm not getting your emails, are you receiving mine? I just sent you another one a few minutes ago.
    My email is: dee-moore@sbcglobal.net
    Dee

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hi! Dee,I have received your e-mail and I e-mail
    you back, don't know why you are not getting them!
    Any way if you want more from my list let me
    know,I will be mailing it Monday! Thanks
    Susan

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Norma I did receive your box. here's your dc 01038555749777847645. There's was some mis communication I wasn't understanding what you were wanting to trade for or send so I didn't think we were still trading?
    Michelle I received your card thank you smooth as always. My husband wants to know what 'ros' is code for. heheh
    Susan I hope you get your box today.

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Goodmorning neighbors

Very eventful morning today..:) We heard this air plane fly right over our house and ir shook the dishes..lol

We ran out to see what was going on.... The food field right next door was getting crop dusted.... It was neat!

He flew right over al and I and waved.... He is a pro you should have seen him fly right over the pines not missing a beat..... Wished we would have thought to grab the camera... It felt like airplane show...:)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Only one word....EEWEWEWEWEEWE I just found it working in the gardens..I dont know what it is..It has bugs on it and stinks and is by my front door..lol I asked name that plant forum but wanted to share the alien with you all...Yuck! belly laugh

{{gwi:314154}}
    {{gwi:314155}}
    {{gwi:314156}}
    {{gwi:314157}}
    {{gwi:314159}}

• divahethr
    14 years ago

lol those pictures made me freal laugh is that a stinkhorn? Looks like a you know what...

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

I am busting a gut Heather..Yes it is a stinkhorn..I just found out... Click on other pictuers in the link... lol I am dying..My cheeks hurt from laughing...:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Stinkhorn

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Ps Any of you girls need one? Lol I wonder if it vibrates....I am cracking up!!!!!!!!

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Another one..Not my pic..lol

Here is a link that might be useful:

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Wow it comes in different sizes and colors according to the link....Oh man I falling out of my chair....OWWWW I am getting a cramp from laughing too much...hahahhaha

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

I kid you not, one of my garden customers has these coming up all over the place, and every time I go there to work there are new ones. Last time I was there I didn't notice one right in front of me until I was down on the ground w/ the weeds and it was about 2 inches from my face when I saw it and screamed like a little girl. The ones he has are the 'dog p**is mushrooms.' Oy. (Don't know if GW would let me use the anatomically correct word here--don't wanna be banned!)

Again, Barb, thanks for the kind words about the plants. No, I'm not new to growing, just never shipped anything before. I use plain old Miracle Gro for my potted plants, and the Coleus are mostly in the ground w/ a couple of inches of compost on top--maybe a handful of Flower Tone or Plant Tone went in the hole when I planted them.

Norma, I am simply amazed by what you sent me. Especially all those great succulent cuttings! I potted stuff and potted stuff until I was just plain tired. Then it rained all night on them--just perfect. If I can get my daughter to take a pic, I'll send to someone who can post it for me.

To those of you who have contacted me about side trades, I'll respond individually to you--thanks!

This was a lot of fun for me, and thanks to everyone for making a newbie feel welcome!

Yep, as Barb sez--"Too much coffee!"

As if such a thing is possible!

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Taking a break from concrete work for a door Al came home slave driver lol... Ann They are wonderful creatures... I still cant believe them..How fascinating the plant kingdom is.... Fascinating but scary too..

I just knew you were in the field...HAHHA You are busted out....lol :) I will check into the feeds you listed.. Your plants are so healthy... Always learning here as a newbie..Thank you for teaching!

Yes never enough Coffee! How else do we come out of our shell and learn..... Caffeine fingers are fast...hahahha Hugs my Michigan friend.....Barb

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Our most most wonderful host Nancy! :) Here is your baby growing in WI from seed... It was part of the of the Tropical Round robin seed trade we all did in winter (coming again all save them seeds) ... Thank you Nancy to you! for hosting for us and sharing your wonderful seeds with all..:) ps waiting for the cajun hibiscus babies to get woodage to root them lol..:) Kudos to another teacher!..We have a lot of teachers here in this RR... I hope the newbies like me see this...You girls rock and Kamil too! He named the brug posted on the brug forum!!!! Way to go Kamil.... Al is calling again..lol darn it... hahhah

{{gwi:510445}}

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Heather I just seen your post on the other thread..Lol way too much coffee...:) Yes we will def trade before the end of season....We still have another month before it gets too cold to ship..:) Hahhaha I blew Al off... I am tired of the gardens hehe

• divahethr
    14 years ago

rofl what did I miss hahahahaha I don't know if penis is allowed but you can call it a unit. Oops I said it anyway.
    I had big plans taking my daughter to walking trails to walk the baby out. It rained cats and dogs I am so soaked I stopped at every nursery I saw. ONe poor lady kept asking me if I wanted an umbrella nope I'm fine...Everything was either half price or a dollar. Hope my husband doesn't read this. Anyway they had 2 dollar phalaenopsis at Lowes and 3 dollar bananas at HD 4 different kinds. Help me lord I have a problem.
    Barb just let me know if when you wanna swap!
    heather

• retsec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi, everyone. Barb, is that the crybaby plant? Cjcjmass, glad your box arrived in good shape. I can't wait to get mine from Kamil next week. Dieg01991, sent you an email about our side trade. My husband and I went to a flea market today, but no plants. We stopped at a Lowe's on the way home and I got some hibiscus for 2.50. I don't know what they are called but they have the flower and then another flower on the end of the stamen (I think) that comes out of the middle. Real pretty and full of buds. Hope to be able to root some when they get bigger.
    Nancy

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Good morning

Heather and Nancy those are some great deals... I wish I could go with ya... Nancy Yes that is your cry baby plant..Although I think The seeds came in a trade we had now that I think about it..... Hibiscus for 2.50 wow it sounds pretty! Have a good day everybody..My daughter is coming today...Yippee

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Wow, you ladies have been busy. I am way behind on the postings. I wanted to let you all know that I got Dee's AWESOME box yesterday. Sorry I didn't post it sooner, but I saw it just as I was pulling out of the garage yesterday heading out to a wedding. I actually almost ran it over!! Anyway, I will post the contents and a pic later. (and get caught up on the posts.

Amy

• rbrady
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! Ouch! Quit twisting my arm Dorothy! I suppose you could throw in some surprises for me if you haven't closed it up.

Heather's box will be going out on Monday.

I also wanted to say that I will be out of town (for work) for a few days-my husband and kids will be home just in case the box arrives. They should be able to keep it safe.

Have a good night! Rhonda

• domehomedee
    14 years ago

Susan - I don't know why I'm not getting your emails . . . I even checked my junk email box. Oh well, I think I sent you a pretty good list of what I was interested in so go ahead and mail.
    Amy - Glad you like your plants. I've received some super trades myself this year so I'm just passing on the good will.
    Everybody else - I've really enjoyed doing "round robins", I've been trading for years but never used this forum before. It's really been fun!
    Nancy - Thanks for hosting . . . I appreciate all the work you've done.

• taz56
    14 years ago

YAHOO! HOOT HOOT!
    Heather my boxes came today wow, everyting
    I asked for thank you so much, I got it all
    potted up, everythings soooooooooo pretty!
    Susan

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

BARB, that mushroom is hilarious!!! OMG, those pictures should be censored! :-D. Isn't it funny how nature repeats itself.

Ann, what do you do that you have garden customers? Sounds awesome!

Heather, Sounds like your stores have way cooler plants than ours on clearance. I did get a few things on clearance this weekend too. They had a whole huge rack of African violets that they were going to throw in the trash. They weren't even in that bad of shape either. MAN I wish I had a greenhouse!!!!! I couldn't save them all, but I got a few. Only $.99 ea.

I sent deb's box today, DC # 0309 0330 0000 6175 2685. Hope you enjoy it Deb. I had it packed and taped up last night and then I thought of a few more things to add. So I opened it back up again and added a few more things. I hope you like it. I included most of what you asked for plus a few surprises. :-) It is a very full box, hope you'll have enough pots! :-)

Dee, I just love all my new babies!!! The camera battery died last night before I had a chance to download the pictures, but I will try to remember to get to it tonight. You fulfilled so many of the wants from my list!!! Here's a list of what Dee sent me.

variegated african violet leaves (several different kinds) - They looked beautiful and healthy! boy oh boy, I sure hope I can get these to root!! :-)
    silver squill
    a couple different kinds of aeoniums (sorry, I didn't write them down)
    3, count them 3 different kinds of agave. Woohooo!!!!
    - Agave Parryi H.
    - Agave lopantha
    - Agave filifera
    purple bletilla orchids
    epidendrum radicans (hardy orchid)
    orchid cactus
    Zebra aloe
    Sedum album
    oscularies deltoides
    Alstroemeria
    Watsonia (orange) bulbs
    Crocosmia (orange) bulbs

I got everything all potted up yesterday. Thanks again Dee for the awesome box!

Amy

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Kamil or anybody! I need your addy ASAP I emailed you too for it..Box is ready and I have company... Please someone email it to me...thank you Barb

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Susan I hope everything was alright with the plants. I worry cause I thought they would have gotten there Sat.
    Amy my stores don't usually have anything like what I found Sat. And one big box store might have something and the same orange store in the next town over won't have it.
    Someone stole some of my gourds what the %#%&@%# it isn't like they were ready or you can eat them.
    Thank you Rhonda I can't wait to get my box!!!
    I can't believe this swap is drawing to a close. Thank you for hosting, Nancy!

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hi! Dee,just wanted to let you know your
    box has been mailed hope you enjoy the
    plants, your confirmation# is
    0308 0730 0000 3276 0753
    Hope everything arrives in good condition!
    Susan

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Popping in really quick... Daughter is here..Nancy if I dont get a addy the box full of plants/cuttings/bulbs will be sent to you in the morning for hosting.... I said in this thread I was mailing today! and never received a addy..That is fair in Imo.... I will not let these die....Too much money sitting here..Mostly plants!

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Thank you secret holders of addresses..lol :)

Nancy I have his address..... Did you receive a box from him? Or a email? If not he might have dropped out?

Nancy send me your addy.... I will send to you... These need to go in the morning... I have a lot going right now....Sorry for the hassle...

• retsec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kamil told me on the 20th that he was on vacation and would mail my package this week. I don't know when his vacation ends.
    Nancy
    retsec

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Thank you nancy Wanted to make sure you got a package... Before I sent it out..I have his addy going out tommorow...I will post a DC number tommorow...I am glad he told you this info..:) I wished it was shared with me being his send partner..:) lol

• retsec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hope someone will be there to get his package when it gets there. I guess he hasn't started school for the year yet where he lives, since he is still on vacation. Our children here have been going for about 2 weeks.

Everyone please be sure to post when you send your package with the DC # and to post when you get your package and what you got. We all want to know what kind of goodies you received.

Nancy

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Amy,
    I do what we all do, only for money, so I guess that makes ma a garden prostitute?
    Man, the images that brings to mind. Leaning seductively on the handle of my shovel, "Want me to plant that for you, hot stuff?"
    I'll stop now!
    --Ann

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Lol ANN That is funny! :)

There must be someone there Nancy... I emailed him a while back and stated it was going out this week.. He didnt say not to send it..He just forgot to send his addy..lol he did specify what he wanted from my list...:)

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

OH!!!!

Lol, garden pros and garden hos..... sounds like there is a lot going on in the neighborhood! Haven't been around much, busy busy busy Sounds like lots of great plants are flying around the country though!

I am on a handyman binge, everything that needs fixing, best get on the list, cause I am coming through! (get me while I still have some momentum going!) Also starting my rose cuttings! I have won the DH over to the tropical garden (less grass cutting in an area loaded with old stumps and half buried roots)

My brugs have been blooming like MAD!!! and covered with buds too! my guess is the cooler temps at night and high humidity is agreeing with them. I don't know what I am going to do with the beasts come winter!!!! I do know I will be looking for WHITE flowered brug next spring! (what colour are the seeds you sent me Barb, they should be ready for blooming next year!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bruggy Morning

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Ann, I'm jealous. My friends always want me to come over and give them landscaping ideas or a plan. I would LOVE to be some kind of a designer. I would have no idea how much to charge (or when I would find the time to do it...LOL!!). Good for you!! As for the garden hooker thing, you must plant alot of those mushrooms that Barb has! LOL!!!! LOL!!!!

FRANCES, I could just KISS YOU!!!!! My brugs are budding like crazy right now, I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!! I think that what you told me about removing the extra growth is what did the trick. It seems like as soon as I did that, a week later I started to see buds. OMG!!!! I can't wait. I will be taking a million pictures of them when they bloom!!! WOOHOO!!!! Ok, now another question for you ladies, what do I do about aphids?? I noticed that a few of my brugs already have them, ugh, I don't want to bring these inside this winter! :-( Oh, and Frances, I have a loooong list of things for you, so you can come up here and be my handy-woman for a while!!! ;-)

I posted this on another trade thread but I wanted to ask you guys too... a good friend of mine just bought a new house that has an indoor pool. Well, the pool room is like a greenhouse (I am so over the top jealous, I want to move in!!!! I told my husband that we should start looking for a new house. LOL) Anyway, she said that I could overwinter some of my larger plants there if I wanted to. Does anyone know if the chlorine in the air will harm my plants? I've looked online and everything I've read so far says the water in pools isn't that much worse than city tap water (as far as chlorine content) and that plants next to a pool will be fine. Anyone have experience with this. I would be SOOOOO happy if I could overwinter there, MAN would that clear up some space in the house and my plants would be so much happier there.

Amy

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

That is beautiful Frances! :)

Congrats Amy on your buds!

Kamil thank for emailing me.. Here is your dc number 0308 2040 0001 6247 9639

Dee here is yours 0308 2040 0001 6247 9622

Susan yours is going out tommorow...I need to clean up this afternoon after all the company this weekend..Have a great day...Barb