SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jwwc

Help! Is it dying?- soft yellowing leaves =(

jwwc
13 years ago

I started these April 9th, and this plant was looking pretty good until yesterday. I left all the plants, the night before last underneath a styrofoam cover for the night, with a ledge so they could get air, in my living room and the next morning I noticed this plant's first set of true leaves and the cotyledons were yellowing. Another one of my plants had deep green leaves that were softing and drooping and it perked right up when I watered it (though now it's perked up but the soft part just plain dried into a crisp), so I figured it must have been because I was underwatering them. So I watered all of them yesterday, with half strength 20-20-20 fertilizer hoping this particular one would perk up as well. Well today, it doesn't seem to look any better, I think it got worst! The yellowing leaves are starting to turn a little darker and getting soft and soggy =(, though the branches aren't drooping (yet). What do I do? Is it too cold or something? I've been leaving them outside during the day (50's) and bringing them in at night. They're in MG garden soil, but I let the soil go dry before watering, so I water maybe once every 2 or 3 days. Sorry for the bad pics....

whole plant

yellow leaves

green-ish but soft leaves

Comments (6)