SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexiegurl09

Wilting tomato plants

lexiegurl09
11 years ago

Hi everyone.

I have some tomato plants that are not doing so good all of a sudden in that they are wilting at the top of the plant. They are nice and green just wilting. I have a broccoli and a couple of peppers doing the same thing. All of the plants have been exposed to the following things:

-A feeding of liquid soluble Miracle Gro about a week ago diluted per package directions (2T per gallon I think).

-Starting the next day we began having cloudy and rainy weather (last Monday 5/14) with a lot of the rain occuring between Wed-Fri with at least 3" of rain falling in this period. Today is only the second day in a week that the sun has been out this bright with few clouds.

-These tomatoes and peppers have been planted for one month so they are well hardened off.

-They were slow to ever take off and kept a sort of yellow-green color to them which is why I fertilized them with Miracle Gro.

-I have other tomato and pepper plants that were planted between 5/6-5/8 that have not been fertilized yet. They are not wilting and are growing, just have a yellow-green color to them.

-All of these plants are planted in cinder block raised beds in a mix of topsoil/leaf compost/ and turkey compost bought in bulk from a local supplier.

-All plants were about 5-6 weeks old when planted and I started them from seed.

So is it because the fertilizer I used maybe had a lot of nitrogen and leaf growth is outgrowing root growth right now? Or is it because of all the rain we have had in such a short period and they are finally getting sunlight? Will they ultimately come out of it? Thank you for all of your help and let me know if any pictures are needed!

Comments (4)