SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sklett

Still having problems with my tomato seedlings

sklett
13 years ago

My first batch of seedlings failed for various reasons. I regrouped and read up on common problems and mistakes people make. I then tried again.

Here and there I've documented the progress:

I'm disappointed in the way my tomatoes now look. Here's the recent history:

1. About 2 weeks ago they seem to have stopped growing

2. About a week ago they started to turn a lighter green and to look less healthy

3. Right now they look sick, there are some yellow leaves, dark purple veins on the underside of the leaves

I've been watering correctly I think, keeping the soil damp, but not soggy and not letting them totally dry out. They have been outdoors for 4+ weeks and have been in the same place. They are planted in a mix of compost and potting soil.

I don't think I have fertilized them yet, I was holding off to see if they needed it. I'm trying to use as little fertilizer as possible and instead increase my soil health of my beds.

At this point I'm pretty bummed with the way these tomatoes are looking, I'm certainly not confident about putting them in the ground. I've posted some photos below that will hopefully show you what I'm dealing with. I'd REALLY appreciate some guidance or suggestions on these plants. I'm in Orange, CA and if anyone is local let me know, maybe I can pay you for your time to take a look in person?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022