SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daryljurassic

HELP! Problems & might need to a good nursery in Cincinnati...

daryljurassic
14 years ago

I have been starting my own seedlings for a few years and never had a problem till this year. First off they are way over grown/leggy - 2-3 ft tall. I think I know what to do there. Dig a trench, clip the lower branches and sort of bury them sideways.

My problem though is that my tomato plants are developing fuzzy white/lt. grey spots on the leaves and some stems. They aren't completely covered, but enough now where clipping those leaves are not an option IMO. Might be "fulvia leaf mold" or "botrytis grey mold"? There are no bugs on my plants. This doesn't look good. I'm guessing it was caused by the poor conditions - constant in and out of the house and crowded in a tote box. They were hardened off, but then lately, they had been in the shade more in an effort to slow the growth till we got past the frost and rains. Yesterday, after taking a look at the forcast and my plants..., and the fact that the ground finally dried out, I planted them before yet another week of intermitant rain. They didn't look so good - slightly slumped over plus the spots. I don't think they were overwatered btw. The potting mix was pretty dry when I pulled them from their pots. Maybe too dry. Normally planting my maters is fun, not the case yesterday...I have never had plants like this. I hope the rain might help them perk up a bit. Its only 50F right now- suppose to get in the 70's w/ a peek of sun today and looks good temp wise from now on.

So what do I do? I was hoping they might look a little better in a few days and I thought about trying neem oil(?). I'm not feeling 100% organic this morning so any other products I could try? Hopefully I get some encouragment & advice here, meanwhile I'm going to start to search for a nursery that sells heirlooms in Cincinnati. I don't know of any that sell what I was growing...Any suggestions on what to do or worse case...where to find heirlooms in the Cincinnati area??? Curious about a good nursery in any event. Incedently, my other plants I started - tomatillos, peppers, artichokes, etc. are all fine. Thx

Comments (4)