SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
supaflyz

sharing my mom's garden

supaflyz
14 years ago

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I would like to learn more about keeping plants in the garden. I'm a college student studying biology so I love plants and animals in the garden lol. I want to share with you guys my mom garden. This is only a portion of her garden. We need to cut down on the plants since there is a drought in Texas this year. We just done the patio to so now we are trying to do the landscape for the backyard. Sorry the yard looks dirty to lazy to mow the yard.

plumeria

lily

This is a very rare plant. I don't know what its call though. It doesn't bloom a lot since it can't stand the cold. The flower resemble peach blooms but yellow.

rose

{{gwi:246123}}

wisteria

crape myrtle

Is the dark purple crape myrtle hard to grow? My mom plant only grows about a feet a year. The other crape myrtle grows way faster.

This plant I'm not really sure. It has tiny yellow fruits

This is some kind of cactus I believe. It has thorns but have cluster of flowers. There are a variety of colors. My mom has dark red, pinkish, white, and yellow.

This plant I also am unsure of. It died off a year ago because of the cold. I prune it and it started blooming. I need to put it in a bigger pot as I see at garden center that they can grow pretty large.

This is a Mexican guava plant. Well that what the people call it when they gave it to my mom. We have two of these plants. Only manage to have 4 fruit though. The birds ate most of them.

hibiscus. My mom has a few, but this the only type that seems to have a lot of flowers. The others have abundant leaves but only a few flowers.

desert rose. These plants are so sensitive to watering. We use to have a really big one but the roots got rotted because of to much watering. My uncle have the huge bonsai ones but the roots rotted away to.

orchid tree? This plant blooms in cluster that looks like orchids. I believe there are more than one color. My neighbor has one that is all white. I have one that has pink and white.

redbud and peaches. That dark red flowering one I dont think is a peach tree. It bear fruits but it looks really weird.

Now here is my garden! Most the fish died though sucks.

Azaleas. I really love these blooms a lot during colder climate.

cactus

This is some kind of vine. It have vibrant light pink color in clusters. It has more flowers last year due to more rain. It grows really fast though have to prune them every 3 month or so.

Comments (14)