SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliemango_gw

Blossoms on my Nam Doc Mai

juliemango
14 years ago

After EXTENSIVE research (reading all the posts on this forum lol) I bought a few varieties of condo mangos - nam doc mai, rosigold, cogshall & ice cream. I got the rosigold because I read that it fruits earlier than other varieties, and I want to get a choc-anon as well, to extend the season.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I noticed a blossom on the nam doc mai! I thought for sure rosi would be the first to blossom. I am very excited to see a blossom as I did not expect to get fruit from these trees this year, especially since they are in pots!

By the way, I would like to chime in on the carrie vs. cogshall debate to say that I have never tasted cogshall, but the carrie is hands down the best tasting mango I have ever had. I am from Jamaica where the Julie and the East Indian are favoured, and IMHO the carrie has the rich flavor of the east indian, and the fiberlessness of the julie. I am looking forward to the next mango festival at Farichild so I can sample some other varieties.

Murahilin, I noticed in another post you mentioned growing nutmeg. What has been your experience growing it? That is a tree I would love to grow, but I can't find a source for it, except for one mail order nursery where it is very pricey

Comments (9)