SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nursejolly

Mango (okrung, nam doc mai, keo savoy, pim san) growing tips

nursejolly
12 years ago

Hello everyone! My name is Jessica. I'm new to the forum and to planting/growing trees. I live in Southern California and I want to grow mango trees! I've been researching alot and been reading all the mango posts and there is some really educated people here!

I'm planning to order some mango trees from (a nursery in Florida but they won't let me type the name "TT") bc it seems to be the only place with the varieties I like. I'm interested in a nam doc mai, okrung, keo savoy, and pim san mun. My mom is from Thailand and she is ecstatic that we will hopefully get these trees. She use to have a "mango farm" in Thailand so she knows about mangos but she doesn't know about growing them in Southern California.

I know it will take alot of education but I'm willing to learn. I especially want to know about the whole "shock" factor when planting the tree and pruning. Any tips would be appreciated. Hope to hear from all you mango experts and hopefully I too will have beautiful pictures to post one day!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting