SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dghays_gw

Fall harvests

dghays
16 years ago

Anyone harvesting any fruit since fall began a month ago? Some expected fruits might be citrus, persimmon or a late mango. We finished up our atemoya crop earlier this month. Will be having my first Ruby Red grapefruit crop whenever they get ripe, they're looking like they're changing color. Been getting key limes, persian limes, muntingia every day or so. Have Sri Kembangan carambola with big fruit which are almost ripe. Had my first crops of figs: Green Ichia, Improved Celeste, LSU gold. Small crops, although the Ichia is producing a decent amount. My Alano sapodilla fruit are slowing getting bigger, but still have a ways to go I imagine. Anyone know how big they are when mature? Just finished my second crop of giant Viet pitaya, have a crop of 10 or so 'American Beauty' (magenta fleshed) ones. They seem smaller than my summer crop. Have a few pineapples forming, I think they'll be ripe in winter if its a warm winter. Have two great big Choquette avocados getting closer to ripe. This tree has finally started to grow good. Its not planted in a great spot, wouldn't be surprised if it croaks if we get tons of rain at some point, although we had a wet summer and it had no problems. Look forward to making some more guac. That's all I can think of, what's going on in your neck of the woods?

Gary

Comments (21)