SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

Black Krim leaves rolling up into cylinder shape

californian
15 years ago

Five of my Black Krim tomato plants have their leaves rolling up along the length wise axis to form a cylinder shape with the bottom of the leaves on the outside. None of the other six varieties of tomatoes I planted are doing this. Is this something to worry about, and is it a physiological problem or a disease problem? All of the plants were planted the same way in the same soil.

BTW, I previously posted about one plant from the Black Krim seeds I planted came up with potato leaves. This plant is the biggest plant I have, with huge leaves, biggest I ever saw on a tomato plant, and has three thick stems instead of the normal single main stem. I don't know if this is a mutant or an accidental cross or maybe just a seed from another variety that was accidently packaged with the Black Krim seeds. But if it turns out to be something special I am going to fulfill my fathers dream and name it after my grandmother. My father was an amateur rose breeder and said if he ever developed something special he would name it after his mother. Unfortunately he died before he developed it. The potato leaved Black Krim's leaves aren't rolling up.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting